Page 1 of 11
So one day I was jamming with my friend at school when another kid came up to us and started to watch us. Then he said "Do any of you guys know how to play stairway?" We looked at him and said no, seeing that I am maily blues and my friend is more new-age rock. "Oh my god! You don't know how to play stairway!? You can't call yourself a guitarist if you don't know stairway!" He yanked the guitar from my hands and started to play the worst rendition of the song I have ever heard. I then took my guitar back and blasted SRV solos into his face. What do you hate about ignorat people.
When they make up stories purely for the purpose of showing off there "awesome i'm so much better than everyone else skillz".
when they try to teach you this song, but theyre playin an ultra simple version that anyone could play.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
haha, i have to agree with beckyjc here, just take your guitar back and continue, no showing up eh? makes you look like an egotistical ass
I hate it when you try to talk theory to a guitarist and they give that "What the hell are you talking about?" face. Example. I tell my friend to play a riff in C and that I'll improv in Am Pentatonic. He just looks at me like a deer looks at a pair of oncoming headlights. It annoys the hell out of me. If you play guitar or any other musical instrument, you should at least know some of your theory.
Ohhh...My head hurts...

Quote by Inahrima
^ have i told you i keep misreading your title as UG's biggest bad greek?
When they piss in the middle of the carpet not in the corner like I taught them.

Oh yea and when they play a power chord or something thats the same as the one you played but in a different place and claim, their one is the RIGHT one.

Cheers.
What i hate is when they do pick up the guitar and they are just horrible but the best is when the ownage comes and you just blow them out of the water
Quote by Izdigger
Arrrgh! The agony! Bring me a virgin and a cup of Devil's brew!

Quote by mr kipling
I can sweep with my boner.I have to use light strings, otherwise My penis will look like an emo wrist.
well i was in my school playing a little spanish scale that i like... then some kid comes up to me and asks me to play green day and sum 41 and all these punk classed bands. I then said to the kid: "sorry, not my type of music" then the kid says: "oh you suck then." This really got on my nerves, so i asked the kid to play something that i couldnt play. So he plays a really scrappy version of american idiot (laughable).
I then started to play the solo from root of all evil by dreamtheater. Defeated..
people who think technical guitar playing makes them better than someone else, which is not true, because from what i see most of these technical shredders play with no style other than that of everyone else, and no feeling at all, and can't improvise to save their lives. i'm not insulting people with technical skill, i'm insulting ignorant technical players who will say "you suck if you can't sweep-pick"... the other thing is people who judge your playing by your guitar. i hate it when people get their mum to buy them an expensive Ibanez (and it's ALWAYS Ibanez, seriously), and they see your £150 Epi and make some smart remark about you being a noob because your guitar was cheap...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
i hate when someone says they play and there so good and stuff but when u give them a guitar they stare at it like its a monster
but wat i hate the most is rich bicth kids who spend 1000$ for the best guitar when they dont even know how to play or anything about it they just like the brand name sticker on it and then they never use it or suck alot but say there good because they hve a 1000$ guitar

like heres an example i was in guitarcenter like a week ago and there was this like 12 year old kid in there wth his dad and he didnt no shit about guitars he was lookin at them and goin that one is 700 i like it and he was like wat does it mean alder body and tremelo and stuff he didnt even no wat the pickups were for and he picked up a gibby lp studio and was like i like this one and it was like 2000$ and thats the only reason he liked it and his dad was goin to buy it to until i was like u wont get any better sound out of that then u will this and i showed him the 100$ squier bullet and he was like well this one is more expensive so it is better and i like it more i was like yea u might like it but until u become good it will sound like shit no matter wat and i told him he would be better off starting with a starter like a 300 dollar one and his dad even told him that i was right but the kid being an ass like he was said i dont care i want that one (the gibby)because its nicer lookin and he even said he didnt want a crappy 300 dollar guitar he was practically milkin his father for money when he didnt even know wat he was buyin he only knew the price tag was alot so he automatically thought it the best
i hate people like that so much
my gear:
Schecter Damien 6 w/emg's
gibson sg standard
dean performer e acou/elec
ibanez tone blaster=[
ibanez ts7 tubescreamer
boss ds-1
boss sd-1
dunlop crybaby from hell wah
When they make up stories purely for the purpose of showing off there "awesome i'm so much better than everyone else skillz".

x2.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
dimebag4eva, you heard of something called a full stop dude?

anyway, i had a similar experience. I was looking for a new guitar, and this guy who was looking for a first guitar, was looking at these guitars in the £3000 range, but he didnt know what anything was. I told him the tremolo system was shit on one and he looked at me like i had just threatened to kill him.
Quote by :.RaZoRbAcK.:
dimebag4eva, you heard of something called a full stop dude?

anyway, i had a similar experience. I was looking for a new guitar, and this guy who was looking for a first guitar, was looking at these guitars in the £3000 range, but he didnt know what anything was. I told him the tremolo system was shit on one and he looked at me like i had just threatened to kill him.

if you are a teenager you get looked at like that for speaking anyway. sometimes even if you work in the store...

i remember this guy in a music shop was bugging me, every time my eyes moved towards the gibson les pauls he was like "oh you want to upgrade to a les paul?" (he didn't even work there), and i said "nah i'm happy with my epiphone" and he looked confused at that statement... then he made the same comment about fenders so i said "i have a mexican strat, it does what i need it to" and got the same response, he seemed shocked that i had an opinion that differed from his, and he pretty much died when i said "i prefer the necks on fenders"... people who think they are right and get offended that someone happens to think otherwise... nobody is right, so everyone is correct if it's them they are buying for.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

I hate ignorant guitarists who make stupid threads. Really, I do.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
I have a few.

1. When people put stickers on their guitar.
2. There's this rythym player in my band that think he knows everything about guitar...when he really doesn't. He thought that pickups were the action on your guitar and such. Don't get me wrong, everyone has to learn these things at some point, but when I explain it to him...he says, "Oh, I Knew that, sorry, I forgot." And doesn't even thank me for helping him out.

Another is when he says, "JIN, you suck at chords and I know the fretboard alot better than you do!" ...then I bark back saying.

"Well, you BARELY know theory, you don't know how to imply playing musically with learning the fretboard do you? You don't even know how to imply scales with improvising and you're saying I suck because I don't like to play chords considering I play lead most of the time?"

Then he got pissed and said, "Well, you started this fight, you might as well end it."

Considering I hate fighting...i ended it.

I'm sorry If I seemed a bit arrogant, it's just that this guy pisses me straight off with his etlist attitude.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
well chords are pretty easy to do, but easier than lead IMO... if he can't play lead and you can't play chords you both have something to learn. but it takes lead to "know the fretboard" better as chords are more remembering shapes than knowing what note is where...

and i'm not knocking rhythm players.

Someone I know told me he could do the solo in some Avenged Sevenfold song. Later, I saw him with his guitar and he claimed that he couldn't play in front of people. Makes you wonder, huh?
Quote by beatles_rock09
I hate it when you try to talk theory to a guitarist and they give that "What the hell are you talking about?" face. Example. I tell my friend to play a riff in C and that I'll improv in Am Pentatonic. He just looks at me like a deer looks at a pair of oncoming headlights. It annoys the hell out of me. If you play guitar or any other musical instrument, you should at least know some of your theory.

QFT.

I absolutely hate it when stubborn guitar players think that they're above learning theory.
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

I ****ing hate people who NEED to play fast to re-afirm themselves as the better guitarist. I'm in a sort of jam group with 5 other kids, and there's one kid with a Fender '70's strat who plays the same 3 triplets over and over again with this shtitty, trebley clean tone. Doesn't help that the stuff we play is stuff like RHCP and Eric Clapton.
Dickless.
Quote by De_Stijl01
Someone I know told me he could do the solo in some Avenged Sevenfold song. Later, I saw him with his guitar and he claimed that he couldn't play in front of people. Makes you wonder, huh?

maybe he's like me and doesn't like to be put on the spot. just put a hidden tape recorder somewhere then see if he can play it. people did that to me at college... and people learn a lesson - don't pick on the quiet kid lol. i have severe stage fright infront of a small amount of people i know, but if it's a real audience OR not a solo performance then i'm fine, i don't even get the slightest bit nervous.

Quote by Blompcube
maybe he's like me and doesn't like to be put on the spot. just put a hidden tape recorder somewhere then see if he can play it. people did that to me at college... and people learn a lesson - don't pick on the quiet kid lol. i have severe stage fright infront of a small amount of people i know, but if it's a real audience OR not a solo performance then i'm fine, i don't even get the slightest bit nervous.

I get that way too, probably because the people in a real crowd won't be biased and give you a straight opinion on your playing.
Dickless.
Quote by Blompcube
well chords are pretty easy to do, but easier than lead IMO... if he can't play lead and you can't play chords you both have something to learn. but it takes lead to "know the fretboard" better as chords are more remembering shapes than knowing what note is where...

and i'm not knocking rhythm players.

No no no, you see, I can play chords. It's not hard at all, it takes me less than a minute to comprehend on where I have to put my fingers and such..or maybe several minutes.

But the point I'm trying to get at is. They're both important, but he's saying that chords > scales.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Idiots who think music is a racing sport, and cocky players who think they're better than people just because they can play something fast or what not (of course its always someone elses's work they're trying to imitate).
Quote by madmk
Idiots who think music is a racing sport, and cocky players who think they're better than people just because they can play something fast or what not (of course its always someone elses's work they're trying to imitate).

imagine if music was a racing sport LOL!!!! see who can get to the end of the song first :P lmao that would be horrible

shtitty, trebley clean tone

what's wrong with a trebly clean tone? unless you mean full on treble nothing else.

Last edited by Blompcube at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by beatles_rock09

your being ignorant right there man ...
you dont have to know the theory
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
your being ignorant right there man ...
you dont have to know the theory

it helps to know what key you are playing in so you can jam with other people. i'm a 100% self taught guitarist and i know that...

Quote by Blompcube
it helps to know what key you are playing in so you can jam with other people. i'm a 100% self taught guitarist and i know that...

it is better to know

but he posted in a Thread about Ignorant guitarists ...
and he is the ignorant one
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Quote by TinTin8
it is better to know

that was his point. Seriously it is annoying when people don't know what you mean by "we're playing in C" or "what key is it in?", i know that from experience...

which reminds me, someone once told me i suck because HE didn't know what i meant by "what key are we playing in?". he said "what you don't know?" i was like "duh that's why i'm asking, so i can play it" and he was just like "put your finger, there, then there then if you can't do that you suck now just play the f**king guitar" - pointing half arsed-ly at the fretboard. shortly after i unplugged the guitar, said into the mic "if you are going to be patronising, and not answer my simple question, f**ck off..." and walked out. that's why theory is important to know in a group situation. i could've been in trouble if it was schooltime, it was in the school hall lol. i get VERY stressed out infront of small groups :S lol

one time i taught this kid back in black (the intro riff). it took him about 15 seconds to switch from power chord to power chord. when his brother came in, he said it was easy.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Anybody else follow the trend here? Why must everybody be so condescending.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
Quote by QuiteTheFellow
QFT.

I absolutely hate it when stubborn guitar players think that they're above learning theory.

I don't know any theory, but it isn't because I'm stubborn or lazy. I've just had very little musical background regarding theory and such, so I don't really know where to start looking for helpful information. Don't automatically assume that because someone doesn't know music theory that they're a half-ass guitarist.
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
People who claim that Dimebag, Cliff Burton, or Randy Rhoads are the best players ever just because they died.

You know who I mean. The people who had never even heard of Pantera before Dimebag got shot, and then are all of a sudden "HE WAS SO AHEAD OF HIS TIME HOW DARE YOU COMPARE ANYONE TO HIM DIMEBAG IS A GOD STFU FAGGOT."

Yeah.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by Vecheka
I don't know any theory, but it isn't because I'm stubborn or lazy. I've just had very little musical background regarding theory and such, so I don't really know where to start looking for helpful information. Don't automatically assume that because someone doesn't know music theory that they're a half-ass guitarist.

i recommend learning at least the basics of theory. and fast. i'm not being ignorant and narrow minded or trying to be offensive, but it helps. A lot.

Quote by boboguitar
one time i taught this kid back in black (the intro riff). it took him about 15 seconds to switch from power chord to power chord. when his brother came in, he said it was easy.

Finally, someone took longer than I do!
Quote by Slaiv
People who claim that Dimebag, Cliff Burton, or Randy Rhoads are the best players ever just because they died.

You know who I mean. The people who had never even heard of Pantera before Dimebag got shot, and then are all of a sudden "HE WAS SO AHEAD OF HIS TIME HOW DARE YOU COMPARE ANYONE TO HIM DIMEBAG IS A GOD STFU FAGGOT."

Yeah.

+1
Hahahaha.
So true.
when someone talks about " legendary" guitarists like they knew them personally
such as
" oh DIME wouldnt have done that"
or
" yeah well avenged sevenfold use Schecters"

which proves absolutely nothing lol
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
I've got a list, but here's a few examples of my favorite.

1)
"*Insert famous band name here, say the Beatles* rules!"
"Have you heard any of their songs?"
"No..."
"stfu."

B)
"Dude, Gibsons suck!"
"Have you ever played one?"
"Uh..."
"stfu."

C)
"MGs suck."
"Ever tried one?"
"Yup."
"Ever owned one?"
"..."
"stfu."

If you're going to go with the crowd and bandwagon, try it first. If you already have, make an intelligent argument. Seriously.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE