hi all

I'm about to order my first guitar, i'm under a 300€ budget, and I decided for the amp to get a fame megatone 15w which is cheap from musicstore.de, and i still get 250€ +- to spend on a guitar. I'll be working on summer so I can buy a better amp then.

My question is the guitar. I want to play mostly metal. I usually read on this forum that low-end ibanez are not very good. So I was thinking of getting a Jackson JS 1, JS 20, JS 30 or a ESP LTD M 50. What are your opinions on these guitars? Yes it'll be my first guitar, but i've played a few, and I played acoustic for 6 years.

Thanks in advance
yeah i know. That guitar is a little out of my budget :\ anyway, you think it's better if i buy a cool amp and a shitty guitar? I mean, I don't mind playing a few months with a crappy sound xD Anyway, the amp is just for home practice.
Ah apologies,I have a habit of looking at the GBP currency on thomann.
But TBH if you're going to do the crap amp/good guitar now, you aren't going to get anything decent for under that amount of money guitar wise (Especially metal orientated guitars.), which is actually worth waiting for a decent amp for. You'd be better off with a starter package. Or just doing without an amp for a bit.
the thing is, i'm going to start playing in a friends band, and they got a good spare amp, I played there with a shitty guitar and it sounded very cool! but I'm in the middle of exams and stuff, so I though of getting a small amp to play at home, or else i'm going to play only with them, and that's about twice a month:P.

In 8 months or so i'm going to finish university, get a job and buy a powerfull guitar XD i just want something to entertain me 'till then ;D

EDIT: Btw, the Ltd M-50 review on harmony central looks quite good
Quote by refus3d
hi all

I'm about to order my first guitar, i'm under a 300€ budget, and I decided for the amp to get a fame megatone 15w which is cheap from musicstore.de, and i still get 250€ +- to spend on a guitar. I'll be working on summer so I can buy a better amp then.

My question is the guitar. I want to play mostly metal. I usually read on this forum that low-end ibanez are not very good. So I was thinking of getting a Jackson JS 1, JS 20, JS 30 or a ESP LTD M 50. What are your opinions on these guitars? Yes it'll be my first guitar, but i've played a few, and I played acoustic for 6 years.

Thanks in advance

You could probably afford an SA120 Ibanez, which is a good guitar.

Dont buy a low end Jackson they are Shit.
yeah, nice one! looks cool and have some good reviews. thanks Tallman. and thanks beckyjc for the input. Guess I'll take your advice and buy just the guitar for now! Maybe my dad will feel sorry for me and buyme an amp ;D
I would say go with the ESP i have been using them for a while. They can pickup a good metal tone.
I would suggest a SA120 and then why not a Pignose micro amp (better a good micro amp than a bad cheap 15W amp)?
If you do so, you may have well reached your 300 EUR budget target. And if you order from a German e-shop, like Thomann or Soundland, you will receive your guitar with genuine Ibanez strap (a decent one), gigbag (pretty good one) and cable (very simple one to replace asap) which should be largely enough to start with.