Alright guys I started taking out my pickups when I came across this wire. There is one wire that comes from the bridge pickups as wel then then are soldered to together at the side of the body in the same fashion shown in the picture. At the end of the two wires a third is soldered then connected to the volume pot. What is the point of this wire? Do I need to leave it on?

P.S. If it makes a difference the current pickups are emg hz, the new ones are seymour duncan Jazz and custom bridge.

Thanks for the help!
dont really understand what you mean because the picture isn't to good, but they are probably earth connections

Quote by robbo_0013
UniverseZero is some kind of pwnerer of numerals

Quote by spazzymagee417
your avatar entertains me.
Quote by I likeallguitar
Alright guys I started taking out my pickups when I came across this wire. There is one wire that comes from the bridge pickups as wel then then are soldered to together at the side of the body in the same fashion shown in the picture. At the end of the two wires a third is soldered then connected to the volume pot. What is the point of this wire? Do I need to leave it on?

P.S. If it makes a difference the current pickups are emg hz, the new ones are seymour duncan Jazz and custom bridge.

Thanks for the help!

You can find out what the wire is for if you disconnect it, and then play the guitar (it won't break anything).
That looks, and I say looks in the fuzziest way possible, like shielding paint, so, with the ring connector screwed to the body I would say it's a ground, but, I'm a little fuzzy on the subject, as I can't see it clearly.
"Let me tell you something about Rebels, Obi-Wayne. They want you to come get them, they LOVE it."