I have this guy in my class who has recently purchased a Jackson KE3, ok good guitar it cost him £500, but he went with the crimson swirl wich costs an extra £100. He seems to think that its the best guitar around. I'm sure there ar better guitars around for £500 can someone help me find something very similar and better. He flames fenders and knows nothing about them. Though most fenders are made from alder just like the KE3. Any help would be great thanks
?... KE3 is a great guitar for it's price, just like all the Jacksons are. There's nothing wrong with it that'd make it suck, and it's not overpriced either; the rest of it is just personal preference.

Why are you so annoyed with someone having a good guitar, anyway? What the hell
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by The Postman
I have this guy in my class who has recently purchased a Jackson KE3, ok good guitar it cost him £500, but he went with the crimson swirl wich costs an extra £100. He seems to think that its the best guitar around. I'm sure there ar better guitars around for £500 can someone help me find something very similar and better. He flames fenders and knows nothing about them. Though most fenders are made from alder just like the KE3. Any help would be great thanks

he's probably just not ready a fender. i hated fenders until i got more experienced at guitar playing, now i rarely play anything else.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
so lemme get this straight. you want to buy a guitar just because the other guy in your class brags about his? that makes NO sence what so ever. if you play better than him that who cares. challenge him to like a "play off" of some sort. dont buy a new guitar cuz another guy brags about his. thats un nessicary money you'll be spending. besides, if your guitar if perfect for you, than its the best guitar around. wether it be a $50 strat copy or a $300 custom built guitar.
schecter c-1 classic?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
moonhawk u got it all wrong. he just wants to find a guitar in the same price range that is better just so that he'll stop being a snobby little biotch and won't be showing off his guitar like a freaking tard. i had the same problem with a friend of mine, except that his guitar really was crap.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
No no no, i just want to show him that there are better guitars out there for the same price, because the crimson swirl cost 100. Please im very happy with my epiphone, and am in no way jealous though it would be interesting to know.
Quote by evening_crow
moonhawk u got it all wrong. he just wants to find a guitar in the same price range that is better just so that he'll stop being a snobby little biotch and won't be showing off his guitar like a freaking tard. i had the same problem with a friend of mine, except that his guitar really was crap.

ohhh. ok. my bad. sorry if i sounded like an A$$. thats how it came across to me. but show him some schecters.(yes. im in love with schecters) super nice. specially the tempest. $550. once again sorry i read it wrong.
Last edited by moonhawk at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by moonhawk
so lemme get this straight. you want to buy a guitar just because the other guy in your class brags about his? that makes NO sence what so ever. if you play better than him that who cares. challenge him to like a "play off" of some sort. dont buy a new guitar cuz another guy brags about his. thats un nessicary money you'll be spending. besides, if your guitar if perfect for you, than its the best guitar around. wether it be a $50 strat copy or a $300 custom built guitar.

$300 Custom built guitar??? Who the hell do you deal with??? I WANT IN ON THAT!!!!! Anyway, Schecter, Ibanez, ESP, Other Jacksons, all of these can be considered better than the KE3. but it is a good guitar.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by Invictious
300?
show him a good acoustic. Show him how to play death metal on an acoustic.

+1
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)