Page 5 of 28
Quote by MAYNARD
10-19-07 The Pageant in St Lou. Love the Crowes was thinkin about attendin the Owensboro show, to hear the new album.
Better hurry, these "one night only" shows are selling out like crazy.

I'm listening to 2006-07-21, and I'm halfway through Thorn In My Pride, which was split in two by a drum solo. As the solo was coming to an end, Steve Gorman started playing the drum solo from The Beatles' The End I've also heard Audley Freed do a Les Brers In A Minor tease during the intro chords to Wiser Time on at least one occasion.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
^
Those guys sound like they have a lot of fun when they play together. The shows are probably a blast to see, too. I can't wait 'till they're here again
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
I love the Black Crowes, they're my favorite band, I wanna see them but all the Warpaint shows are sold out
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
^^Yeah, they sold out ridiculously fast.

Two weeks till Starland
Quote by Thefallofman
A new album "Warpaint" comes out tomorrow right?
Apostle of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join!
My Last.fm
I've never seen the Crowes live, but I'm going to see them in Atlanta next weekend. I'm pretty stoked to say the least. Am I right to expect great things?
Quote by Absyth
A new album "Warpaint" comes out tomorrow right?

March 4th, I thought?
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
^^March 4th indeed. I plan to pick it up as soon as I get home from school.

Quote by Zanardi
I've never seen the Crowes live, but I'm going to see them in Atlanta next weekend. I'm pretty stoked to say the least. Am I right to expect great things?
2 sets, I'd guess at least 2 and a half hours of music, Warpaint in its entirety, Luther Dickinson + Rich Robinson guitar interplay...I'd say you're right to expect great things

THREE DAYS TILL OPENING NIGHT AT STARLAND
Quote by Thefallofman
Anyone pick up Warpaint yet? I bought it today and have listened to it twice, I'm very pleased with it. Although it's a completely different style from their previous two albums, it's definitely a much better album then Lions, and I'd say I like it more then By Your Side as well.
Quote by Thefallofman
I didn't get out to buy it yesterday (ice storm in PA), but I'll try to get it today.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Last edited by Cptbeefheart at Mar 5, 2008,
I just picked Warpaint up and listened to it. Like BD said, its definitely better than Lions. I dunno about it being better than By Your Side though. Then again, I do like that record more than most.

^^Yeah, a lot of Crowes fans don't like By Your Side, which I find strange. I definitely think it's a good album (Horsehead and Virtue and Vice are two of the best songs they've ever done if you ask me), and it's full of Rich Robinson (he's the only guitarist on it, and he's got some killer riffs throughout), but I just think Warpaint is more consistent.
Quote by Thefallofman
I do like the addition of Luther Dickinson, I'd never really heard him extensively until this album. However, he is a very solid guitarist. I think he makes the band's sound fuller than it was on Lions.

OMG, the new BC cd (WARPAINT) is awesome. southern, blues, country, folk, and amazing rock.
every song is written so well and amazingly played. album of the year, hell, best album of the decade.
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
^I wouldn't go that far. The album has a couple weak spots, like God's Got It....

Quote by Cptbeefheart
^I wouldn't go that far. The album has a couple weak spots, like God's Got It....

that songs awesome, very bluesy
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Quote by Cptbeefheart
I love God's Got It. In my opinion, the only weak song on there is There's Gold In Them Hills.

Walk Believer Walk is my favorite song on the album at the moment.
Quote by Thefallofman
I love the ballad Oh Josephine. Pretty solid album, I am recently starting to get into the BCs. Are there any other albums you recommend?
^^Amorica and/or Southern Harmony and Musical Companion.
Quote by Thefallofman
^I'll be ready March 31st

^^March 31st? I'll be on at midnight on the 30th I would really love to get the opening Warpaint show for obvious reasons

I was also just reading the article on the Crowes in the new Rolling Stone issue, and it seems as if the Brothers Robinson did an acoustic duo session before Warpaint was released. I'd be interested to hear that stuff.
Quote by Thefallofman
^I doubt we will hear that until after the Crowes tour behind Warpaint.

Last edited by Cptbeefheart at Mar 15, 2008,
Quote by Cptbeefheart
^I doubt will hear that until after the Crowes tour behind Warpaint.

I think he's talkin about the Brothers of a Feather tour. They released a cd/dvd of it. One of the best albums of last year. And the dvd is pretty sweet too.
^Yea, I know that. But the Rolling Stone article said Chris and Rich recorded new material right before they started the One Night Only shows.

Quote by Cptbeefheart
^Yea, I know that. But the Rolling Stone article said Chris and Rich recorded new material right before they started the One Night Only shows.

Which issue? Who's on the cover?
^Barack is on the cover, its a pretty negative article focusing more on the relationship between the brothers than the actual music. Still, it is worth a read.

Warpaint makes up for all the ****ty albums i've bought over the past few years...Very pleased with it. Since I bought it, I like music again, lol.
-Epiphone SG400
-Epiphone ES-339
-Dean Ekoa acoustic
-Peavey Valveking 212
-Fulltone Full-Drive 2
-Slash Signature Wah
So I was sifting through youtube videos the other day, and I was watching one of my favorites, Ben Harper, when I noticed something, Marc Ford is his band's guitarist, I had no idea, and I've been listening to him for years
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
^^Yeah, Ford played with Harper from '03 to '04 I believe, just before the Crowes toured for the first time since the hiatus.
Quote by Thefallofman
The One Night Only EP is great. I highly recommend signing up at http://www.livedownloads.com/blackcrowes/ and downloading it.
Quote by Thefallofman
TOUR TOUR TOUR TOUR TOUR TOUR TOUR!

http://www.blackcrowes.com/TBC_2008_01.html

I'm definitely looking to get to one of the two Town Hall, NYC acoustic shows, as well as the Atlantic City show and maybe I'll even make the trip to the Hammerstein if I have the money. I'm even considering taking a road trip to Cleveland to get to that show, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Cedar Point all at once.
Quote by Thefallofman
The Cleveland date is the day I'm seeing DMB in Cuyahoga Falls, so I can't go to that one. Maybe I'll be able to scrounge enough money up to see the Pittsburgh show on August 5th.

So I got shut out of the Town Hall pre-sale I'm going to try again this week for the general on sale and I'm definitely going to at least one Philly show.

By the way, this band's current lineup kicks ass acoustic. I've got the audio from the VH1 Unplugged performance (the video is somewhere on VH1's website I believe), it sounds very good.
Quote by Thefallofman
Change of plans. Town Hall show is a go for me...third row, stage right (Luther's side).

I'm excited

Philly pre-sales on Friday.
Quote by Thefallofman
Saw the Black Crowes last night and they sure rocked the place. I was pretty disappointed though cause they didn't play Hard to Handle or She Talks to Angels. Don't know why either, the crowd was expecting it.
I was watching the Unplugged Black Crowes... I LOVE THEM its tuff Guns N Roses or Black Crowes.. My top favorite bands. But anyways Why was Luther Dickenson playing mostly lead. Rich is like a original member. But oh well I love them and im seeing them june 28th.