Well, i have a squier strat and recently it seems whenever im on the middle and/or bridge pickup the guitar gives a little 'static' like effect for the G B and e strings, it gives a fuzzy sound that i can only really hear in cleaner effects.

It hasnt always been like this and i think its a pickup problem.. ive tried it on a couple amps so thats what led me to believe its a problem with the guitar itself.. Its annoying cause i cant get the bright clean sound i used to.
Quote by tugga06
Well, i have a squier strat and recently it seems whenever im on the middle and/or bridge pickup the guitar gives a little 'static' like effect for the G B and e strings, it gives a fuzzy sound that i can only really hear in cleaner effects.

It hasnt always been like this and i think its a pickup problem.. ive tried it on a couple amps so thats what led me to believe its a problem with the guitar itself.. Its annoying cause i cant get the bright clean sound i used to.

A little "hum" is normal. It's a product of the single coils and you're especially going to get it on a Squier cos' they aren't put together as well as they should be. (Or, if you're cynical like me, they're put together exactly as well as they should be.) If it's actual buzzing, not just the normal hum, try to see if you're output jack (where you plug your cable in) isn't loose. Usually when I hear a buzzing, the washer/bolt/ . . .thing is loose on the output and that makes it jiggle around and makes a pretty bad buzzing.
its not a hum.. more of a 'tsshhhh' noise.. cant find a better way to put it lol and its only on the G B and e strings.. at first i thought it might have been the amp or my effects pedal but i checked both separately and still had the same result.. could it be a pickup problem? or could it be an pedal problem cause its only on higher pitches (high pitched strings, high pitched pickups)

and yes i know squiers arent well put together lol. my tone knobs arent even level lol. im saving for a fender fat strat..