Here's a little article I just finished up reading. It's pretty interesting and I thought I would share it. Hopefully it can open up some people's eyes. By the way try to read all of it.
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=239266&ck=
Quote by Masamune
Here's a little article I just finished up reading. It's pretty interesting and I thought I would share it. Hopefully it can open up some people's eyes. By the way try to read all of it.
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=87&subpageid=239266&ck=

you just asked UG to read something that was longer than a paragraph and had nothing to do with buttsecks...well, you can always try.
Quote by Masamune
Here's a little article

Liar.

Ya I almost fell asleep while reading it. I read over half and still dont know what it was about.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Stupid. He complains about the $67 taken from his $3,600 won in slot machines—it's called taxes, redneck. "What about the money he lost gambling?"

Haha! Serves him right for gambling. If you gamble then you should know the risks. Like, you know, you're going to lost some money. Deal with it.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
well, that was the most effective way to waste 15 minutes of my life
i could watch 6 ads on that in the space of 20 seconds........
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Quote by unplugtheradio
you just asked UG to read something that was longer than a paragraph and had nothing to do with buttsecks...well, you can always try.

so true. so true.
I have one major gripe with the article.

The doctor in Congo is paid roughly the same as the trailer park guy in the US. They realize that people will cite 'different cost of living' as a rebuttal to that and so their answer is that the doctor has 12 kids ? Give me a break. Ok so in North America that doctor would probably receive a tax credit for each child to help alleviate the financial stress, but it still isn't even. What they're saying is that a doctor in Congo + 13 other people is not as well off as one single poor guy in the US. That does not make for an equal comparison.

Later on in the article they said that the doctor lives in a 4 bedroom house. Which supports the 'different cost of living' argument. Mr. Banks could only afford to live in a trailer. The doctor, on a similar salary, gets a 4 bedroom house. Granted the doctor doesn't have running water or electricity but those are either problems with the infrastructure in his area or he can't afford them because he decided to have 13 kids.

The point is, on Mr. Banks salary you could probably live like a king in certain other countries because it simply costs more to live in the US. I know one person personally who saved up 10 grand and moved to Mexico so he could live it up.

Secondly, on a philisophical level, "be happy with what you have" is a nice sentiment. Yes, there will always be someone who is in a much worse situation than you. And I suppose "don't complain" is also the right idea. Instead of complaining do something to make your situation better.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to improve your situation even if you have a pretty good situation to begin with. Should I feel sorry for people in Congo ? Perhaps but the article also stated at one point that the doctor would have an easy time emigrating with his qualifications. Which not only further hindered their argument, but also tells me that, while I may still feel sorry for other Congolese, I sure as hell don't feel sorry for him specifically.
Okay, that was a waste of my time. If someone at some point in time and space has a worse way of life than you do, it doesn't make things for YOU any easier. Anyone who can't grasp this simple concept should get their head out of their ass, or possibly just kill themselves. I'm too tired and grumpy to get indepth about this, so I'm not gonna bother; but the guy who wrote this is a retarded piece of sh!t.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!