yo, does anyone have this guitar? if so, is it worth it over a different model, or even a different brand? I am looking for a guitar for my friend like, mine, the Ibanez SA260FM, with a thin, fast neck. if you could recommend anything better, please do, but remember, thin, fast neck. Price is not a factor (But preferably less than $1000 USD)

thanks in advance
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
There are 3 models. The JS100 (cheap mans' JS), and theres the JS1000 and JS1200.

The higher two models are around $1400, and the JS is around $700 I think

I would personally save up for a JS1000 or 1200.
Rg prestige have a nice neck
i find the Js neck a little to fat

but try them out
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Go for an S Presitge if you like the Satriani guitar but want a thin neck. The S is an all around thin guitar, and it feels like butter.
The other guitarist in my band has the JS1000. It sounds fantastic. Good cleans, can handle good ammounts of distortion. It's really versatile and i think it's definately worth the money.
Well, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night.
Agreed - but like said, JS1000 and JS1200 are over a grand.

But don't get the JS100.
Dimebag is overrated. Sue me.
Quote by Slaiv
Agreed - but like said, JS1000 and JS1200 are over a grand.

But don't get the JS100.

I've found the JS100 for about $300. A new trem for $200 and pickups for $125, that adds up to about $750. Not a bad guitar AT all.

Just dont buy a JS100 for any price over $400.
Buy an RG1570. They have the fastest, thinnest neck Ibanez offers at the moment (I think).
I'm back, you douchebags.
Quote by TJM2482
Just dont buy a JS100 for any price over $400.

just don't buy it at all. In the UK at any rate, you can get an rg1570 for less.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I own a JS1000BTB. The neck on it is closer to a Fender strat neck than most other Ibanez models.

Ibanez have (or did have) the 'Wizard' neck which is very thin and flat. Even more so than a Jem neck. I think the Paul Gilbert model uses a Wizard neck.
Fender Stratocaster x 2
Ibanez JS1000BTB
Zakk Wylde Les Paul
Epiphone Flying V
'Texas' Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore Jazz
Fender strat copies x 3
Aria Pro II
Classical guitars x 2
Aria steel string acoustic

Marshall, Crate, Fender amps
I own a JS1000. I <3 it. Just save up a little more cash and get it. I promise it wont disappoint you.
Gear:

Guitars
Ibanez JS1000
PRS custom 22
Fender Mustang 67'

Amp
Marshall JCM800 head
2x 1960AV half-stack

Pedals
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer Pedal
Boss RC-2 Loop Station