How do they stack up preferably This or This

I play mostly Pearl Jam Stuff, Toolish metal, Nine Inch Nails Stuff, and variety of jazz and ska.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

go with the epi, that thing is sexy
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
Personally, out of them two, I would go for the epiphone, but you should really go to a shop and try the two out for yourself, and see what feels best for you
The way to a girls heart is through her ribcage
visually, the faded gibson series dont look as special, they are quickly stained, no binding, no pickup covers, pretty bland looking. But i think they play better than EPIs,. HOwever, youre lookign at two different guitars here, a les paul and an sg, so its goign to depend on which type of giutar you prefer more, they both feel different and sound different, even if they were the same quality.

i really think the only thing that rivals gibson quality are Epiphone elitist series, the shape and feel of regular epiphones are fine, but they dont compare to the gibsons. Go get an Epiphone SG (g-400) and place it side by side in comparison to any gibson sg, and youll see that the overall shape, bevels, and design are different. I find Epiphones to feel chunkier. But ya, like i said, youre comparing a LP custom to a faded SG. soooo i suggest you go try them out mang
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Last edited by ark at Jan 15, 2007,
I'd go with the Epi, the Gibson may be a tiny bit better, but the Epi has a much better look to it, and you probably won't notice the difference.
Dickless.
Quote by niguitars.com

Currently out of my price range ($600 sorry i didnt mention before) and i would prefer to get a carved alter top opposed to the mahogany because their usually have a more brighter sound to them.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Well actually i own the SG (I bought it used with a repaired headstock for $350, besides that mint) But really do not like the feel of the bare neck. so i am thinking about selling and getting the silverburst les paul.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

doee the pic of the EPI look fake to any of you. its looks so.......so dull. but i agree. go with the epi. and who wants a faded guitar anyway. id rather make my own marks of ware, chips in the paint and everything by playing and normal wear and tear. not coming from the facory like that. makes it an individual among mass produced guitars.
cool another pearl jam fan. stone gossard uses a lot of les pauls and eddie vedder used to use sgs a lot. you should try everything at the shop in your price range and decide from that
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
cool another pearl jam fan. stone gossard uses a lot of les pauls and eddie vedder used to use sgs a lot. you should try everything at the shop in your price range and decide from that

Yeah mike uses les pauls (or used too) as well. But i find SG's quite hideous if they are not in a Blue Teal.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

holy shit when i saw the thread title i was automatically going to tell you to get an LP Silverburst.
most beautiful object known to mankind.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
gibson is better built. better woods. will last longer. better pups. sgs have a really colourful. the epiphone may look nicer but i feel the sg will play and sound better.
Quote by danzig-_-
holy shit when i saw the thread title i was automatically going to tell you to get an LP Silverburst.
most beautiful object known to mankind.

i DESIRE one
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by SublimeGuitar
i DESIRE one

i would kill a man for one.
im currently saving for the epi one.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Epi easily.. I have yet to play one of those SGs that didn't completely blow cock.

plus the finish on that epi is orgasmic
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
the only thing i am worried about is if i decide to go w/ the epi silverburst, that they will sell out before they even get them in like with the last batch of silverburst.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50

i have no idea how limited edition they are, but ive been trying to get one as soon as possible.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Last time they were part of Epi's guitar of the month and only produced like 200-300 or somewhere along the line of that. dont quote me on it, i read it somewhere and now cant remember where.
Gear:

Peavey Classic 50