I've got the clapton sig strat which came with a blocked original vintage synchronized tremolo bridge which I had unblocked when I got it setup and my friend's squier's trem literally stays in tune 10 times better than mine(I was actually surpised I gave the thing a beating) and I barely whammy and it goes out like 1/2 a step, I know think that the tech at the store may have left the springs loose seeing as I can pull and push the bridge up and down pretty easily so if I tighten the springs will it fix it? also if I adjust that tightness will it screw the intonation or anything? I dont mind screwing around with intonation and stuff on my strat copy but I am not confident with my ability to intonate so I dont want to have to get it setup again, im a little tight n cash(still payin the thing off lol), thanks for the help

-giorgio
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.
umm yeah, that didnt help at all
Quote by King ofKumbucha
well if the tech screwed up, he better fix it for free.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Jaffaps2
It's meant to reflect Clapton's career, starts off good but then turns into a piece of shit.

Sigged
Quote by Jaffaps2

The Lord has done mighty things with his right hand
Psalms chapter 118, verse 12
Why do you have a Clapton sig strat if you're only 15?!

As far as I know tighter springs can make it stay in tune better. Also, intonation's very simple to fix if you have time, a screwdriver(or allen wrench) and a tuner.
^hey dont assume cause im 15 I suck, and I work for my shit man, its been like 5 months of work and im still not done paying it off, I work at quiznos BTW(good subs:liplick and yeah I know I could prob do the intonation myself but im just being bitchy like i'd rather not try that on it, and if you wanna listen to my band its www.myspace.com/paralleltwelve. Those recordings arent that great since we only had 3 hours in the studio and it took like an hour and 1/2 to set up everyinthg good and get going, we played a gig in the kathedral in toronto which got recorded and its alot better
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Last edited by giorgio1210 at Jan 15, 2007,
you guys are pretty good. the only thing i didnt like was octave 12 was kinda repetative. but i like it. and yea. im 14 and i have a schecter tempest *shrugs* as long as you can play it than who cares.
thanks alot, ha the names are so dud, my drummer came up with them, yeah like I work for it and its my choice what I buy, I coulda bought something cheaper or more expensive if I wanted to, just depends how long im willing to work for it, as my next guitar I think im gonna get the ESP/LTD EC400 in white and if I dont like the EMG's I will prob just swap them, thats the only thing im not totally satisfied with right now the bridge pu on the strat is just to thin sounding, thats why I want the LTD for a nice fat tone for songs like justonian(nick name of our bassist, he came up with the bassline so we named it after him) and another song not on there
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by Jaffaps2

thats just cruel
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
hey guys guess what, I got over it and took a chance, tightened the springs, its sick now it goes back to tune perfect, the tech at the store must just be an idiot cause they were real loose, im so happy now!
Quote by King ofKumbucha