These have probably been answered before, but I need specific answers. And with tutorials, you cant ask questions.

Sanding/Paint Removal:
1. When you start to sand to get the glossy/sheen/shiny layer off the guitar, what grit paper do you use? I heard 50 or 60 but i just want to clarify.

2. If you sand with a electric sander how much pressure should you put on the guitar so the body doesnt get damaged? or will you know how much when you start to do it?

3. if you use chemicals to remove the paint, would that be just as good as sanding?

4. Whats the difference between wet and dry and any other type of sanding?

Painting:
1. How would you paint the guitar a flat color? (ex. Flat Red)

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.
50/60 would do just fine.

You will know if you use a electric sander, you using a palm sander, just keep it flat on the flat parts. It quite a bit of work.

Wet sanding is used to smooth things whereas dry sanding basically takes the surface up.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
1. 50 or 60 will be fine, yes.

2. Just the weight of the power sander, if you put pressure on it, you might mis-shape the body

3. I have never done it, but it seems to be a good method. Don't know if it could damage the wood though.

4. Wet sanding is when you add water, and use a very fine grit (2000). This method is not as rough as dry sanding.

I don't know about painting, I have only done natural finish.
To paint a flat red. get a primer to seal the wood, give it a good few coats of primer. Once this is fully dry. use a red automotive paint and spray it evenly. This can range from 3 coats to 10+ coats. After this is fully dry, use a clear coat spray and give the guitar as many coats until it has a nice and even shine around the body anything frm 5+

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by Lordoflax
To paint a flat red. get a primer to seal the wood, give it a good few coats of primer. Once this is fully dry. use a red automotive paint and spray it evenly. This can range from 3 coats to 10+ coats. After this is fully dry, use a clear coat spray and give the guitar as many coats until it has a nice and even shine around the body anything frm 5+

Maybe i dont completely understand what your saying but i thought flat meant there was no shine or gloss?