Yes, I know that this should go in the Religion thread, but it is just plain slow and I don't want to interrupt their on-going shenanigans.

My question is:

Are there any large differences/similarities between Catholocism and Satanism? (beyond the fact that they are both religions)
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
if you know it should go in a different thread, there is no reason not to put it there.

if you have a good topic, it will get discussed.
catholicism and satanism-- common
dont see anything common bout them...
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

Satanism isn't a religion. Satanists don't believe in any deity, not even Satan. They just use the name "Satan" for symbolic purposes. Actual Satan-worshipping is a misconstrued version of Christianity.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
Yes, I know that this should go in the Religion thread, but it is just plain slow and I don't want to interrupt their on-going shenanigans.

My question is:

Are there any large differences/similarities between Catholocism and Satanism? (beyond the fact that they are both religions)

www.wikipedia.com

yes there are....
Yes, I'd say there are some major differences. And probably similarties as well. Google the Church Of Satan and find out for yourself.
They both tend to be a little crazy.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Satanism is about embracing sins, I think. Catholicism is about repentance of sins and salvation. I think.
Essentially, they both promote similar things, such as doing good and respect. But Satanists don't actually worship anyone.
Peace.
Quote by wingedgopher
They both tend to be a little crazy.

Yes.
Current gear:
LTD MH-301 fitted with EMG 81/60
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 5150 with JJ tubes
Avatar 4x12 with Warehouse Veteran 30 and British Lead Speakers
Crate XT120R
Quote by fluffylump2
Satanism is about embracing sins, I think. Catholicism is about repentance of sins and salvation. I think.

i think satanists view sins as simple hedonism, rather than acts against god
Are there any similarities at all?

Worshipping a clear deity doesn't count though, as Satanists don't really worship Satan.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
I hate how people assume satanists are devil-worshiping evildoers. The name is deceptive. The church of Satan teaches indulgence rather than abstinence. You know, have sex because it feels awesome and it's a physiological need. Don't abstain because some make believe character thinks it's bad to be human.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
There are laws of satanism. I remember one of them being that if someone doesn't do what you ask if you ask politely, when in your own home (or lair, as they seem to call them), you must destroy them.
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
yeah it's the nature of religions to reject other religions, so the whole satanist thing has got a bit crazy
Quote by blue_strat
don't get me ****ing started on the catholics

Or any crazy Christian sub-religion.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind