Can someone help a first time guitar builder.... do Dimarzio single coil covers fit on Seymour Duncans?

Strange request I know.. won't bore you with the details suffice to say it involves:
i) Pickups being 1/2 price in US than they are in Australia
ii) Me wanting coloured single coils
iii) Dimarzio refusing to allow US dealers to ship internationally
iv) Seymour Duncan not making coloured single coils
v) Me preferring Seymour Duncans anyway and not being bothered about showing off what I use.
You could just buy paint for plastic, that way you get the exact colour you want.

Also, if the pickups are half the price, what does it matter?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
You could just buy paint for plastic, that way you get the exact colour you want.

Also, if the pickups are half the price, what does it matter?

I'm building a version of Jason Becker's Peavey guitar - natural wood, coloured pups - and need coloured single coils. It's expensive to buy Dimarzios here in Oz and problematic getting them shipped from US. I can get Seymour Duncans, but they don't do coloured single coils. I was just wondering if coloured Dimarzio covers will fit on Seymour Duncans.

I'm not convinced painting them is the answer, but thanks for the suggestion.
Try swineshead pickups - they're custom, handmade pickups, and one option is a wooden pickup cover, loads of differents woods to choose from

I'm not sure how much your paying over in Oz, but in the UK, they're about the same price as SD/ Dimarzio. They should ship to your prison/country
^Well shipping is very cheap for SH's and theyre very good pickups!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
thanks for everyone's advice. in the end, i found the perfect solution from universaljem.com - bobbin toppers. can get them in huge range of colours, very cheaply, and have no issue with pickup size - just f-spacing variation for humbuckers.

i did find out along the way that certain dimarzio pickups are slightly taller - HS2 is one, I forget the rest. i was told universal pickup covers won't cover them.

and as for the comment about country / prison - i'm actually a pom who emigrated 18 months ago, so that jab didn't land i'm afraid i'll tell you something though, even if it's inhabitants are all convicts, the place still sh!ts all over the UK
Last edited by hkp73 at Jan 16, 2007,
I've gotta admit, I was expecting a jab back about cricket

Got to have a bit of banter