Is it worth it? I can get it off Ebay for probably around £100 and its going to be split between 3 people in my band so thats like £33 each. We are a soft rock sort of band. Do you think it would go well with our type of music and is it fairly easy to get used to?
To see what sort of music ma band plays here it is www.myspace.com/marigoldtaxi

Cheers!

Also heres the thread from The Pit ( I put it in there by mistake )

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7936938#post7936938
i think the kaoss pad is going to have to go through ur PA system, if you have one. i don't think its like a regular effect
you need a midi synth to even use it, its an effects controller, with a few built in effects, its not really designed for what you probably want to use it for.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 15, 2007,
i personally think it would work quite well. lots of effects, makes cool sounds.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
yeah it does, but youd have to have someone using it for live use, thats its big limitation.

Last.fm
youd have to have a big ass guitar and a lot of extra wires coming out of it, but actually that would be pretty cool.

Last.fm
Do you really need a PA with it? Also by Midi Synth do you mean something like the Korg Microkorg? If so damn, they things cost like £200..
Well matt bellamy (I think thats his name) frmo muse, uses the kaoss pad. Built by Manson, they took the touch pad in the thing and attached it to the body, and wired it up to the pad. So he can run different effects and such from the pad itself in his pedal baord, and control how the sound modulates with the pad on his guitar.
Meh, i haven't heard anyone use it that well in a rock/guitar music context other than Bellamy and Johnny Greenwood. There's some guy on youtube that installed one into his Epi, but it sounds like arse and he can't move very far at all. It's expensive to get it installed into your guitar with all the wireless MIDI stuff too.
I dont actually mean in my guitar..Im talking about using it as a seperate unit. I want to use it as a synth effects thing. Also does anyone know which synth units Rou from Enter Shikari uses, theres lots and he definately uses the Kaoss Pad 2

Cheers
Quote by mayht
Do you really need a PA with it? Also by Midi Synth do you mean something like the Korg Microkorg? If so damn, they things cost like £200..

yes you really need a synth or something to use it with, either that or a really good digital effects unit.

Last.fm
Ok. But if its just gonna be used to see if it sounds well with my band just at practices woud we be able to use a normal keyboard and a guitar amp or something?
on mine its made to use a line level signal, you can run a kayboard through it no problem, but if you use it for guitar it will have to be through the amps effects loop, and IMO it doest really sound all that great with a guitar signal. Im pretty sure that when Bellamy used one it was in conjustion with a Roland guitar MIDI system.

Last.fm
It is not going to be used with guitar anyways. So it is OK with a normal old keyboard, not perfect but OK yeah? And you dont NEED a PA either?
youd need something to run the keyboard into. a keyboard amp will do. thats really all you need, it only needs to be MIDI if you want to use it to control the keyboards onboard parameters. but if youre using ike a casio keyboard or something you can just run it between the keyboard and the keyboard amp/pa.

Last.fm
So it definately has to be a keyboard amp, even for practicing? We have like 5 spare amps as well