Yeah, the thread title is generic but it gets the point across. So, a few months ago I bought a Schecter C 1 Classic and I liked it a first but now i'm noticing a lot of flaws in the guitar and i think i want to sell it. I was considering the Gibson Les Paul Studio or maybe a used Standard but i definitely want to make the right decision this time. The music i play is older Red Hot Chili Peppers, Pink Floyd, Hootie and The Blowfish, Smashing Pumpkins, some Hendrix and Clapton, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, and anything else that i feel like learning to play. I realize that a lot of the bands i like use single coils but i have a MIM Standard Strat with Custom 69's in it and love it (for cleans) but i really want a guitar that will give me a better distortion (Smashing Pumpkins is my favorite distortion tone). Oh yeah, the amp i'm using is a Marshall JTM 45 Reissue and i use a Boss Blues Driver distortion and a couple of other effects. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry about the length.
Ask me no questions, i will tell you no lies...
what about an gibson sg standard? i think thats in rang your, its better than a studio id say.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by Strongbow
what about an gibson sg standard? i think thats in rang your, its better than a studio id say.

I played one and i'm not crazy about how the SG's feel in my hands.

And the Schecter's electronics have started crapping out on me and something is messed up at the bridge and the quality is not as good as i expected.
Last edited by Mr. Anderson at Jan 15, 2007,
what kind of flaws do u mean? and you can always slap some new pups in that baby. like a seymour duncan distortion in the bridge and a humbucker in the neck. just a thought before you decide to drop the bomb and buy a new guitar.
Last edited by moonhawk at Jan 15, 2007,
Ahh right ok. what about an epi elitist? Ive heard there of the same quality if not better than lower end gibsons?
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Quote by Strongbow
Ahh right ok. what about an epi elitist? Ive heard there of the same quality if not better than lower end gibsons?

I will have to check those out..i've also heard good things about them...but i wouldnt consider a standard a lower end Gibson?
Quote by Mr. Anderson
I played one and i'm not crazy about how the SG's feel in my hands.

And the Schecter's electronics have started crapping out on me and something is messed up at the bridge and the quality is not as good as i expected.

Well I own a schecter c1 classic in sunburst and it sounds great feels great and its reliable.I really love it.I suggest that you send it to schecter as they have warranty because the classic is a fine axe.Maybe you just got a lemon
If you wanna hear an epi elitist, listen to My Chemical Romance. Listen to their Black Parade stuff, their guitarist Frankie Iero used an epi elitist custom till some tech guy broke it on tour.

I'd say if you want good distortion for that genre, look into an Ibanez.
^^ yeah i agree, i've only had to privilege to play a classic (but never own one) and i loved it. And i dont think buying an Epi would solve your problems with the C-1's quality, IMO its hard to beat really.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Ok, well I've just went and made some adjustments to the schecter and i have it playing better now...but i have another question...what kind of tone would a gibson les paul standard as opposed to the schecter..like what bands would the paul do better than the c 1?
Quote by Ishiga
If you wanna hear an epi elitist, listen to My Chemical Romance. Listen to their Black Parade stuff, their guitarist Frankie Iero used an epi elitist custom till some tech guy broke it on tour.

I'd say if you want good distortion for that genre, look into an Ibanez.

way to misunderstand an entire thread...I just read the one you go this info from...

both of those guitarists have like 600 epi elitists. they still use them. it's all you'll ever hear from them.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite