I was hoping to buy a new guitar soon, and thought that the people here would know best about what guitar to buy. I have a budget of like $400-500 and was looking at epiphone les pauls mainly. I play mostly alt rock/ punk like MCR and Nirvana. Right now all I have is a squier standard strat (and occasionally play my dad's rickenbacker 330 when he's not home).
It'll suite you fine.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
^he doesnt need a floyd and the "normally" prices are all inflated.

with that said, standard epis are nice.
fender fat strat HSS very versatile.

you might want a single coil to give u a little more quack.

and amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'm just using my dad's old Marshall G30ORCD. And I've never played a LP before, as I am somewhat new to playing guitar. The only guitars I have played are Fender acoustics, my squier strat, my dad's rickenbacker 330, and my cousins Epi SG which I have only played like twice.
Floyd rose locks at nut to keep from going out of tune.

And the tremolo can go forward and back.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
U CAN DO MAD SOLOS ON EM! so much fun too. my friend made car noises with it. we're plannin to put it in one of our songs. *copyrighted*
Quote by suckme
U CAN DO MAD SOLOS ON EM! so much fun too. my friend made car noises with it. we're plannin to put it in one of our songs. *copyrighted*

You guys are idiots.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
haha yeah, if you get a floyd, you'll either love it or hate it. i got used to the floyd in my jackson almost instantly, and now its hard to play a guitar without one...mainly because i'm constantly reaching for a nonexistent floyd tremelo arm, hoping to rip a squealing harmonic or...basically any crazy noise you can think of on a guitar....

i just love 'em.

plus, a floyd on an epiphone? FINALLY!!!
well, a bad floyd is worse than no floyd.

not sure where this one stands yet. id make sure it's a good one, or ull want to throw this guitar out the window everytime u try to change a string or get it in tune.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
^ ^ yeah that's definitely true, but i have the jackson liscensed floyd on mine, and it works just fine. well, much more than fine i should say... one floyd version i love is the ibanez edge, it just... works.
but if you have any doubts just get the REAL floyd rose, ther'e's obviously no way to go wrong there.