This is for everyone in the Southern New Jersey area, in the vicinity of Berlin, Voorhees, and Gibbsboro in Camden County, and anywhere near the aforementioned towns.

What I'm looking for is a bassist (top priority), vocalist, and highly likely a 2nd guitarist for my band, Take 5 And Die. We play hard rock, but mostly alternative, some punk, and a lot of metal (doesn't matter which sub-genre, we play almost all of them). We also play a smattering of classic rock (such as Clapton, Hendrix, and Pink Floyd). We already have a drummer and a guitarist (me), so drummers need not apply. Here are the requirements to join us:

1. Experience- you need to have between 2 and 6 years of experience if you're a bassist or guitarist. If you can play lead guitar, that'd be great too, because I don't really care if I play lead or rhythym. I'd actually prefer to be rhythym, because I only have about 1.5, maybe 2 years of experience myself.
2. Age- anywhere between 17 and 26 would be perfect, but no younger than 17 and no older than about 27 or 28. I'm 20 and my drummer is 18, so we don't really want to clash on a lot of things.
3. Transportation- this is a must. You need your own reliable form of transportation, seeing as how neither the drummer nor I have a car (I have my license, just not a car).
4. Practice location- if you can find one where we can practice anytime we need to, this would be probably the best thing for us, as our current practice spot isn't always available.
5. Singers- you need to be able to sing clearly with a good range. We don't want any screamo singers, moaners, whiners, or cookie monster vocalists. The kind of singers we're looking for would be similar to Sully Erna of Godsmack, David Draiman of Disturbed, or Corey Taylor of Stone Sour.

So there you have it. We've also already come up with some songs (we have the music down, we're still working out the lyrics), and we're only a few short of a good set list. You can contact me through PMs on this site, my aol screen name (PokemonMaster428. Don't say it, I know it's stupid. I've had it since I was about 11 or 12), or by phone. My number is 609-922-4770, and my name is Brian. If you want to contact the drummer, his name is Kevin, and as of right now, the only way to get a hold of him is through AIM. His SN is DeadsyDeadsyDead. Just tell him that I posted this ad on this site, and he'll answer you.

P.S.- As for gigs, we already know a handful of people that can set us up with them if need be.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Does anyone on this site fit these criteria?
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
i fit all the criteria but i live in ****ing colorado! sorry dude, im sure someone will turn up...
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
actually i live in berlin
just moved there like a month ago lol
im sure we could get something started
people tell me i have an uncanny musical voice like disturbed...
back in KY with my old band, we played a disturbed cover band and everyone said i sounded just like him lol

anyways i(obviously) sing, and have been playing bass for 2 years, so just e-mail me at

lolthisisajokeemailidontlivenearyou@joke.com
I think I fit for vocalist/rhythm guitar. But I live all the way in Philadelphia.

How far from Camden do you guys live?
GEAR:
Fender USA Lefty Telecaster
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Eleca DAG3LN Lefty Acoustic
We're about 30-45 minutes outside Philly/Camden. If you know how to get to rt. 561 or the White Horse Pike (rt. 30), you'd go right by our houses. If you can play lead relatively well, Inertiaaa, we could really use you, or you and I could alternate playing lead as I'm just getting good playing lead.
I'm okay at PLAYING lead, I just struggle a little bit with WRITING lead.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
What do you mean?
I've always trained at rhythm guitar; I don't know many scales/modes. So I can't write leads/solos that well.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Well we were actually looking to go in an unconventional direction with our band. We could have 2 rhythyms and no lead, although we do want the occasional solo thrown into the mix. I can play lead fairly well, but I'd rather have a more seasoned lead player with us.

How long have you been playing for and how old are you? We might be able to work something out.
Cool.

I'm seventeen, turning eighteen in three weeks and I've been playing over four years. I have a pretty expansive list of gear, as I invest most of my time/money into music making.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
I work 11-4 on weekdays and 12-5 on saturdays and am off on Sundays, so maybe we could work something out soon. I'd put more into my music if I had a higher paying job, but for right now, I have to save for a little longer than expected for what I want.
Yeah; Talk to the drummer and figure out a good time it'd be cool for me to come down.

When you get that figured out, PM me the time and an address. Then we can work out the details. Sound good?
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Just checking on the state of this offer?
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
I haven't been able to get on until now, been busy all day. I also haven't been able to talk to the drummer yet because of our conflicting work schedules in the early part of the week.

P.S.- If we can get enough shit together by summer, we could play a gig on July 14th. There's a guy in the fire company I'm in that throws a huge, all day backyard party in the middle of summer, usually the 2nd saturday in July, and he said if we can get enough stuff together (at least 7 songs) by then, we're more than welcome to play there. He lines up at least 10-15 bands every time he throws this party. He starts it out with softer, more acoustic stuff and ends with some hard as hell, mosh inciting bands at the end of the night. I've never actually been to his parties, but I've been told upwards of about 300 people show up by the end of the night.
Alright, cool. Like I said, let me know when we could get together.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
I just talked to the drummer and I've got good news and bad news- the good news is that you can join. The bad news is that our current practice spot has been taken away from us, but we do have another one possibly lined up. If we can get this new one, we'll also acquire a singer at the same time and possibly a bassist as well.

As for our band's style, we were thinking of going with a more instrumental direction and having very few lyrical parts in comparison to most bands. If you listen to some early Sonic Youth, you'll know what I mean.

P.S.- If you have AIM, I could give you more details.
Last edited by Helloween_rox at Jan 29, 2007,
Cool, cool.

As far as vocals go: I -can- sing, and I'm comfortable playing and singing at the same time. And if the amount of lyrics being sung is limited, all the easier.

And for AIM, there is a slight problem. I don't have my own computer right now, so I hop between two others in my house, which don't have it. So any communicate will have to be done here, through PM, or even my cellphone.

If the third option seems like a good idea I'll PM you my number.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Go ahead and PM me your number, and tomorrow after my lesson is done, I'll talk to you either here or on the phone.
I PMed you my number but haven't heard from you.

Just keeping myself updated.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Sorry bout that, but I haven't been able to get online much lately. I'm still working out with the drummer when a good time is for you to come over.
During the week I could be around there by 5:30 or 6:00ish.

Saturday usually isn't a good day, but any time on Sundays, really.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Two days without a response; This still alive?
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
One last post before I consider this thread dead.

Any update?
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Sorry, but I haven't been able to get online much at all. I started a new full time job. I'm sorry to say, but with my work schedule, developments with our practice spot (the drummer's house), and with him finding out how far away you live, he said he'd rather not trouble you with having you come out so far all the time just to practice- plus we found someone like literally right down the street from him.

P.S.- If you want to, maybe on monday, tuesday or wednesday you could come to my place just to jam. I was kind of looking forward to even just a jam session with you.

Also, this offer still stands to anyone else in the area who would like to take advantage of it.
Well, I'd hate to lose this opportunity due to my distance. Traveling isn't a problem for me, and I'd be able to make there at almost any specified times.

I'd like the chance to try out, and see if you'd think it worth the trouble -after- hearing me. I've got a lot of heart for music, and I'm in dire need of a few quality musicians to play with.
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Are you still in school? Because the mornings on monday-wednesday are really the only time we'd be able to practice at the drummer's house. Sundays after 6 you could probably come over my place, but I dunno how my parents would feel about that. The only problem we have right now is that we have no consistant practice spot.
No.

--how early in the day are you talking about?
GEAR:
Custom HSS Lefty Strat
Samick Hollow-body
BOSS DS-1
BOSS SD-1
BOSS CE-4
BOSS DD-6
USA Big Muff PI
Peavey MACE 160w Head
Peavey MACE 410 Cabinet
Yamaha FG-450S-L
Around 10 or 11.