Tony Kanal from No Doubt

He's one of the main reasons I started bass. I'm just curious what people opinion is on him. Is he considered good, bad, overrated or what? I've done searches on him and haven't seen much about him.
My favorite song from them is Sixteen.
I've only heard Don't Speak by them since I started listening to the bass in songs but I love the line to that song

Well, loved, I hate it now, after playing it over and over with band *shudder*

Although it actually posed a bit of a challenge to me at first, which i didn't think it would, not 'cause I reckon i'm good, just 'cause

I'm gonna stop typing now
He's a solid bassist. He makes some interesting lines that propel the song, without being overly flashy. Thumbs up from me.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I like him aswell... He writes interesting lines that are simple but groove. I really like the song Spiderwebs.
Too bad they don't seem to be making new stuff anymore.
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
Very decent bassist. Shows that you do not have to be able to thump and tap and blah blah to write good solid basslines. I particularly like the song New by him and play it regularly.

And he is from North West London like i am ! In fact he grew up about ten minutes from where i live.

No Doubt have not split up, and after Gwens recent single release i would advise her to go back to the band and get over herself !!
Ahah, so I'm not allone in thinking she should say goodbye to her solo career...
Quote by John Swift
My neighbour bought his son a Mark Hoppus bass for Christmas, the set-up on it was terrible (the neck had so much bow they should have supplid arrows with it).

Its nice to be important, but its important to be nice...
you know, she has such an amazing voice, but some of her songs are bordering on lunacy. Especially the new one. I mean what the f*ck?

I never used to be into No Doubt and then i went away with my girlfriend and she brought the Best of.. along and i started really enjoying it and the basslines defintely stand out in the music.

Yep, we like Tony.
Quote by canadianpunk071
He's a solid bassist. He makes some interesting lines that propel the song, without being overly flashy. Thumbs up from me.

+1 from me.
+2 - he's the only reason I listen to No Doubt at the moment - gimme some time at the weekend and I might do some proper listening but at the moment it's all Tony.
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
+3, hes got some groove, simple but awesome. And yeah gwen stefani's solo stuff sucks, im not a fan of that kind of music anyway but it's just rubbish and she could be doing so much better
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
people seem to get the wrong Idea of him, I have a bass magazine issue with him on the cover, he has alot to say and you can tell he knows his way around building and playing great bass lines.
...And The Nominees Are