Hello reader,
Another 'buying a guitar thread'

I appreciate any advice and/or tips.
I already ordererd a line 6 spider II 30 watt amp for practice. Heard it was good and nice price too and I tested it at local shop.

I'm still looking for a guitar, a beginner guitar. I have my eyes on a Dean evo xm. Really cheap, it has humbuckers if I'm not mistaken. I like metal and rock so I'm going to play towards those genres.

It's only 99.- euros. Well my local shop didn't had one. It's a small shop.
Long story short, how good is this guitar? I read the reviews and they were good. Good enough for a beginner anyway. It's so cheap, yet it has decent reviews. I wan't some opinions from you.

Is it really worth getting as a first eletric? Any major flaws etc?
Also is a whammy bar any good? because this model doesn't have one.

I can get it at a larger music store in the city. So that's not a problem.
Oh, and I'm off to bed. So I won't reply for awhile. I'll check this thread again tomorrow.
Whammy bars just make hell with the tunning so your good without it
with what Deans i've played you should be pretty safe

Damageplan dedication
Alright, thanks. I wanna make sure I don't waste $100 on a beginner guitar. I think I'll just go with this one.
in this price range, u've got the dean evo, $99 USD.

they are nice because they have a basswood body, the pickups arent too bad, and it'll stay in tune provided u got one with good tuners. (tuners can always be swapped after.)
id say about a 7 out of 10 for a starter guitar.

in the same category is the squier 51'.
http://www.zzounds.com/item--SQU325100
a great deal for $99USD. it's still a starter, but its got a nice basswood body and maple board. sometimes squier will mess with the frets a little, but if u get a good one, well worth the price, and a 9 out of 10 for a starter / modding guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Dean evo xm is a pretty good guitarfor the price. I tried one at a local music shop and it was pretty good. Although the tone could be better but what do you expect for that price. Anyways as long as you try it before you buy it you should be good.
Thanks for the info,

It doesn't have to be $99,- (euros in my case.) But since it's for a beginner it appealed to me. The squier '51 looks better but I'll keep a eye on the dean evo too.
One more thing, does it make alot of diffrences if you have humbuckers on?
Because the Dean evo has them right? The squier not.
I heard humbuckers are good when playing metal.

Correct if wrong, I'm still a newbie.
good question...

the dean has 2 humbuckers. yes, usually used in metal, heavier tones.

the squier 51 has a single coil in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge.
so if u want to use the humbucker for a heavier tone, u just click the switch down.
makes the squier a pretty versatile guitar.

if u click on the bigger pic of the 51' ull see the black bridge pickup is "fat." it's the two rows of singles together that make it a humbucker.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

great, didn't know that.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I appreciate it.
no problem.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62