I play in a true punk/hardcore band and Im sick of the same powerchords. Can someone show me some different chords that i can use in this style? thanks
well heres a quick lesson for you

here's an example of a 4th which is simply an inverted 5th (powerchord)

B4

D--2
A--2
E---

which is just B + E , this relates to

E5

D----
A--2
E--0

which is just E + B

if the Bass is playing a low E and you play the initially listed B4th, you will get a full E5 chord, you will be playing the treble cleff and the bass will be playing the bass clef

now for simplified minor/major chords

a Minor chord contains the root note of the chord and its minor third which is located 3 semitones above the root for E it would be G, for A it would be C, here is an example in A

Aminor

D---
A--3
E--5

this technically isn't a full A minor chord as it is missing the V of the chord, but it does imply an A minor

a major type chord is located 4 semitones above the root, a good example that many people know is G major

G major

D---
A--2
E--3

both these major and minor shapes are moveable, so lets say you move the G major shape up 3 semitones, you will get a Bb major

Bb major

D---
A--5
E--6

which can also be played

D--0
A--1
E---

or lets assume you move the A minor listed above down 2 semitones, you will get a G minor

G minor

D---
A--1
E--3

again none of these are complete chords as i said above, but will give the impression of the type of chord, i didn't want to get too into music theory as i'm not sure how much you know and don't want to turn you off to the idea of it, but i hoped this helped a little, peace out

-z