The band is gonna play somewhere big at the end of summer, and we need to do some cover songs (even though we mainly work on originals). The audience we may be playing in front of is mainly collage kids and around 45 year olds...Heres a list of some possible songs....Turn the page-Metallica, Suite Madame Blue-Styx, 10 miniutes worth of Freebird-Skynyrd, Mary Janes Last Dance-Tom Petty, Man in a box-Alice In Chains, Voodoo-Godsmack, NIB-Black Sabbath. List some more, to keep the crowd pumpin!
take an old song and change it a bit. Like making yesterday by the beatles into a punk song
When I try to get through, on the telephone to you.

There'll be nobody home.
wtf /\? (reesh)

do stuff like war pigs, enter sandmans often a popular one (seen as its the only metallica song non-fans have usually heard of), don't believe a word, jailbreak, walk (pantera), tuesdays gone, stockholm syndrome (muse), fire (hendrix), paradise city, sweet child of mine etc.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Crazy Train,lol. If you are not playing to a crowd of metalheads, however, do Back In Black or Hell's Bells. I can't tell you how many people I see with ac/dc hats in my school. here's a list if you're just going to do covers

No More Tears
Judith-APC
Up Around The Bend-Credence Clearwater Revival
Pardon Me-Incubus
Cocaine Blue-Johnny Cash
Prison Sex-Tool

Umh, were you serious about Suite Madame Blue?
ummm...are you seriously thinking of playing 'Freebird'...great song but lets re-think this a little....

"FREEBIRD!!!!" how about "They Call Me The Breeze"
A band in my town always plays Fire by Hendrix and the crowd loves it. Great song for live. Easy to play to. Itll give you drummer a work-out though.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
yeah everyone loves ac/dc.....and everyone wears their clothing, most thinking ac/dc is solely a clothing brand.... but a good choice for covers all the same

crazy train is actually pretty popular outside of metalheads

My mind is going. I can feel it.
We cover Dance, Dance. It was originally done just to keep girls happy but it pisses off everyone else in the bar. Judging by your current set, you need more stuff... even though there is going to be a few jack asses in the bar who are stuck in 1982. Here are some bands you should consider:

Shinedown
3 Days Grace
Disturbed (This is one of the top requested bands in bars I have found..)
You're Beautiful- James Blunt
Five for Fighting
Bowling for Soup
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
I've always wanted to hear a cover of "Roxanne" by the Police. I think the Offspring said they were going to try but the range was too high for Dexter ...
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION
run to the hills by iron maiden

or play stairway to heaven everyone knows it and seems to love it
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Everyone does love Stairway, but I think it'd be wise to get creative with the stage lights during the first half of the song... why? Because most of the band isn't doing anything at that time. What should they do? Air guitar?

I love Stairway too, but I don't know if it's a great live song to play.
do ur version of Allman Brothers' "Mountain Jam"
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Home by Dream Theater
Guitar rig
Schecter C-1 Classic
Boss GT-8
Mesa 50/50 Power Amp

Synth Rig
M-Audio Oxygen 61
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Reason 4.0
FL Studio 8
Well I've had good responses on a rocked up version of belinda carlisle - heaven is a place on earth. It's a song everyone knows, rock it up and own the place. Just one of those songs that can sound good in any type of music.
Heres some song's ive covered that have turned out good, if you like metal or grunge:

Nutshell- Alice in Chains
Rusty Cage- Soundgarden
The Four Horsemen- Metallica

Those are the favorite three that Ive ever done. Try anything by those bands and it usually turns out really well. Theyve just got that magic about them.

For me anyways.
Now give us our holy sign,
changing the water into wine
So to you we bid farewell,
Kingdom of Heaven, to hell
Quote by pieceofmind128

The Four Horsemen- Metallica

i've gotta convince my band to play that, at the very least jam to it lol.

i'd recommend

"THe Hollow" - A Perfect Circle,
"The Outsider" - A Perfect Circle, seriously both crowd pleasers.
"Entrance of the Conflagration" - Trivium, <havent, but its a definate plus.
Sunshine of Your Love - Cream
Plug in Baby - Muse
Blackest Eyes - Porcupine Tree
Gear:
Ibanez JS100
03 Squier Strat
1980 Ovation Matrix Accoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Washburn T-14 Taurus (Bass)
SWR Working Pro 100 watt bass amp
Quote by seanyboy2690
The band is gonna play somewhere big at the end of summer, and we need to do some cover songs (even though we mainly work on originals). The audience we may be playing in front of is mainly collage kids and around 45 year olds...Heres a list of some possible songs....Turn the page-Metallica, Suite Madame Blue-Styx, 10 miniutes worth of Freebird-Skynyrd, Mary Janes Last Dance-Tom Petty, Man in a box-Alice In Chains, Voodoo-Godsmack, NIB-Black Sabbath. List some more, to keep the crowd pumpin!

wow i've never seen an 07' user before!
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Purple Haze !!

I just got back from my first gig, it was a little giggy at school for music class and there only were some 15/18 year old kids and some 50 year old parents and I think they liked it!
They were swinging all around