One of my ears has that annoying blocked ear thing.

how bad it is seems to vary, like really annoying in the morning and not so bad at night.

now ive had a shower and my ears really warm and it feels annoyingly blocked, the blocked ness seems to clear a fair bit if i pull it back

what is this?

my parents say its part of a cold, though I dont really have other cold symptons
Is it wax that's clogging your ear?
If it is, you can go to an ear doctor and he'll vacuum it all out. I had that done once and I could hear like a blind man
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
well go to the doctors Tomorrow (or in a few days) then. fool.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
a q-tip will help you! get in the shower and let the wax warm and then massage around the inner part of the ear with a q tip. dont push it into your ear, ouch.
my shiz:
dean razorback explosion
agile septor 7 string
all monster/mogami cables

peavey JSX
peavey triple xxx cab

howabout some precision metal, ladies and gentlemen?
www.myspace.com/flawlessamongthefallen
Quote by Pleiadian
Is it wax that's clogging your ear?
If it is, you can go to an ear doctor and he'll vacuum it all out. I had that done once and I could hear like a blind man

i think vacuum wasn't quite the word you were looking for, they just syringe your ear (no needle) with co2, n it gets rid of it all. i think thats it anyway.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
dude hold your nostrils closed and then blow hard.
it equalizes the pressure in your ears its a divers trick

^yeah try that, works for me.
Quote by Oldmonkeys
dude hold your nostrils closed and then blow hard.
it equalizes the pressure in your ears its a divers trick

to be honest its makin my other ear pop, and i dont want to push much harder or i fear my ear drum will explode out of te ear that is perfectly fine

has anyone else had this?
Don't use a cotton bud or anything like that, in this situation it'll make it worse

You've got something called "glue ear", I know because I've had it in the past, although with me it starts in one ear then spreads to the other. It feels like you've got water in your ears, but there's no way to get it out, and it can get so bad that you're practically deaf. It's a build up of fluid behind your eardrum that causes it.

There's nothing the doctor can do (they used to do a minor operation where they installed something called a "gromit", which was basically a hulla-hoop shaped thing that made a small hole in your eardrum for the wax to drain out of, in theory, but in reality it didn't speed up the healing process at all) so they'll just tell you to wait it out.

It generally lasts for about a month or so, but I'd go and get it checked out all the same, just don't worry.

And for the love of god, don't use a cotton bud, it'll make it worse.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
yea, sometimes when you get a mild case of the cold your ears feel stuffy.

other times there are just too much wax buildup.
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
i think vacuum wasn't quite the word you were looking for, they just syringe your ear (no needle) with co2, n it gets rid of it all. i think thats it anyway.

Nope, the doctor who did it to me literally sucked it out. I could see the wax coming out through a tube.
Gibson Les Paul Studio w/ EMG 81/85
Fender American Vintage Series '52 Telecaster
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland MicroCube
Dunlop ZW-45 Wah
Dunlop Rotovibe
Dunlop MXR EVH Phase 90
Dunlop MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Boss CE-5
iSP Decimator
i've hardly been able to hear out of my left ear since july, i really need to get it checked out. lemme know what your doctor says, though, it'd help i suppose.
I will fuc