i need a good amp for playing indie music that i can use for practice and gigs and recording. i was thinking like vox/fender anybody have different opinions?
budget:$500
At $500 I say go Carvin or Fender.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
I'm pretty sure Indie can refer to any sort of music, because its the band thats indie, not nessicarily their music. I think you should go into a store and try amps, or list some bands you like, and since I don't know amps well wait for the others on UG to reply.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
you could probably get a fender hot rod deluxe for that much n it would do you fine im fairly sure.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
you could probably get a fender hot rod deluxe for that much n it would do you fine im fairly sure.

That may be your best option.

And to that other guy, "indie" can refer to a certain sound.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by wingedgopher
That may be your best option.

And to that other guy, "indie" can refer to a certain sound.

Indie is short for independant dude, it always has been, the music now is so popular, that it isn't even relevant to it's own name.
"Say hello to my little friend!"
yeah, indie does mean independant, but there's a certain sound that indie rock bands have. i usually think of it as a light distortion, but i guess technically it could be any kind of music
k lets not get into a fight, you know what i mean, use common sense, lets stay on topic and answer my question please.
For that price I'd take a look at silverface Fender Princetons. 22w, awesome cleans, neat Fender overdrive, and they're gaining in value.

Traynor YCV20 is a very solid amp in that range as well.
If you can find one, and it can be tough, Soldano Atomic or Astroverb 16 rocks.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.