ok i can get distortion on my small amp and i can connect that up to my big amp and get distortion on it, but i dont like doing that

so is there anyway i can get distortion on my big amp? its a cube 100 and it has gain, bass, low mid, high mid and treble, so could i set these a certain way to get a distorted sound?

if not, what are the best distortion pedals out there for a resonable price?
What kind of distortion? overdrive, fuzz?

the ibanez PD7 is good. you won't make a distorted sound with just EQ controls.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
get the electro-harmonix big muff fuzz pedal. It's amazing for bass.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Quote by AdamV
emm kinda overdrive

Then I would not suggest the EHX Big Muff. It's really fuzzy and has lots of gain, therefore not overdrive. The Ibanez PD7 (as mentioned earlier) is probably a good bet, as well as the SansAmp Bass Driver.

The SansAmp though, is pretty expensive (~ $180) but it makes your tone really sweet, plus the drive function can give you a nice growl, but not really a distortion or anything like that.

The Boss ODB-3 seems pretty okay - I've never tried it. The sound samples on the Boss website sound promising though.
Quote by Charlatan_001

The Boss ODB-3 seems pretty okay - I've never tried it. The sound samples on the Boss website sound promising though.

Yeah, it does work pretty well, just make sure you buy the wall adapter, its eats batteries like theres no tomorow. Its pretty durable though, and not a bad price. I recommend it
1. Make sure Overdrive is off.
2. Turn your volume up (make sure it's high up or you won't hear any distortion).
3. Turn Gain up maximum (for MAX distortion)
4. Turn on Overdrive
dropping the mids and cranking the lows + max gain should [read: maybe] give you a little bit of fuzz

don't hold me to that.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Um, about that Diablo...unless you have a tube amp you're not going to get natural distortion from your amp. What you're hearing is you slowly killing your speakers by pushing them waaaay too much. Even if you have a tube pre and an SS power amp you're still not going to get that nice biting, punchy distortion that comes from an overdriven all tube amp.

I suggest the Digitech Bass Driver or the Ibanez PD-7, both sound great. The Digi gives you loads of control, you can get a slight overdriven tone, to distortion to full on fuzz. And I've only heard good things about the Ibanez.

I played the Boss and wasn't impressed at all. Way too thin sounding, it sucked the bottom right out of my amp. It sounded like I was playing through a cheap guitar distortion stomp-box.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10
Quote by hatebreed219
Um, about that Diablo...unless you have a tube amp you're not going to get natural distortion from your amp. What you're hearing is you slowly killing your speakers by pushing them waaaay too much. Even if you have a tube pre and an SS power amp you're still not going to get that nice biting, punchy distortion that comes from an overdriven all tube amp.

I suggest the Digitech Bass Driver or the Ibanez PD-7, both sound great. The Digi gives you loads of control, you can get a slight overdriven tone, to distortion to full on fuzz. And I've only heard good things about the Ibanez.

I played the Boss and wasn't impressed at all. Way too thin sounding, it sucked the bottom right out of my amp. It sounded like I was playing through a cheap guitar distortion stomp-box.

haha, pwn.
its just punchy-er, not kiling the speakers
not playing loud enough lol.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15