So I have to do a Poem asessement for my English class. Basically we pick a poem/song and break it down and describe its meaning/language/rythm...

My teacher suggested that a song would be a could example, because some can be very poetic, and meaning full, and because I don't know very many classical poems. He started using examples like Eminem, so I just kind of ignored that.

At first, I was thinking of doing a Tool song, but I fould that alot of Maynards lyrics aren't very structured.
I'm a huge prog/metal/hard/punk rock fan so I would love so find something to work on that is out of the box. Does anyone have any good songs or famous poems they could suggest.

(Thanks in Advance)

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Ooh ooh ooh, The Love Song of Alfred J Prufrock.
It's one of my all time favourite poems, TS Eliot shows a lot os his remarkable talent in it.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Try some Mars Volta stuff. It'll be really hard but very impressive to the teacher.
Well, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night.
Opeth.

/thread

Edit: Actually I completely forgot about Dark Tranquillity. Anything from the album Skydancer.
I had a similar assignment. I did "Right In Two" by Tool. It worked great.
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by CreamyKrieger
Try some Mars Volta stuff. It'll be really hard but very impressive to the teacher.

Do you have any good Mars Volta stuff, I've never really paid attention to their lyrics before, and I don't want to gross out my teacher with something like "Amputecture) (for those who don't know, it means architecture made of svered limbs).

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
http://home.earthlink.net/~coreygoldberg/songs/killing.htm

Skinny Puppy - Killing Game, such great lyrics...

Theres a video of the song on youtube too if you wanna hear it
Quote by pimpinazndude
^ wut he said

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
Quote by rhymeswith suck
Do you have any good Mars Volta stuff, I've never really paid attention to their lyrics before, and I don't want to gross out my teacher with something like "Amputecture) (for those who don't know, it means architecture made of svered limbs).

Hmmm. Actually Viscera Eyes isn't about amputation or anything. But I think anything off of the first album should be pretty solid to write about.
Well, the clock says it's time to close now
I guess I'd better go now
I'd really like to stay here all night.
dude i did this for my teacher nd he ate it up
metallica-Welcome Home(Sanitarium)
You should do The Rime of the Ancient Mariner by Samuel Taylor Coleridge