OK so a while back I bought a used Peavey Grind BXP (5-string) bass from a local Guitar Center. I went on the Peavey website to see how much the bass would be had I bought it new, but they didn't have it. There was a Peavey Grind BXP NTB, but not just a Peavey Grind BXP. I was just wondering if what i have is a discontinued model, or if it was upgraded to the NTB and now that's all they sell.
Yeah, the Grind BXP series all became NTBs. The NTB just stands for Neck-Through Bass, that was the main change.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
i've got a peavey millenium 5 bxp. peavey makes kickin basses, no?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Hahaha. To be honest I preferred the Grind series before they changed it. The build quality and electronics were better. The NTB series is more of a gimmick than anything, they look great, but the sound isn't nearly as good and the build quality is a bit lower.

EDIT: Peavey makes awesome basses. I'm currently pooling my pennies for a Cirrus BXP 5.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Does anyone have any idea how much they used to cost back when they made them new? I bought mine used for $230. Just wondering.
Quote by canadianpunk071
EDIT: Peavey makes awesome basses. I'm currently pooling my pennies for a Cirrus BXP 5.

I'll pay you 2! Yes! 2 pennies! If you do my homework.
Bass is my life.
^ Done and done!

*takes your 2 cents, then clubs you to death with his 100-pound sack of pennies*

*teabags*

Quote by BodaciousZac
Does anyone have any idea how much they used to cost back when they made them new? I bought mine used for $230. Just wondering.

They retailed for about $300ish (USD) new, I believe.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss

Last edited by canadianpunk071 at Jan 15, 2007,