Hello everyone,

I have been recently been thinking of my future quite a bit, and I was wondering about the carrer choice of being a Filmscorist. This sounds very appealing to me, as I love the idea of waking up every morning, eating breakfast, and then going to my basement studio and scoring a movie for the rest of my day. I know there are Berklee classes in Filmscoring, and I am sure there are classes at other colleges for this, but asides from that, I am more curious about getting work, the pay for this, and the competition between other filmscorists for work. I know there are tons of independent movie makers in the world, so after a good score, I am sure it would not be hard to be a "regular" for an individual film maker, and get all the work for every film he makes.

If anyone, knows anything about the questions I asked, please help me! And keep this thread to serious posts only, as it is relativly important to me.

Thanks.

Call yourself a composer, but live in LA and write for big shot producers. Mad CASH$$$
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
Call yourself a composer, but live in LA and write for big shot producers. Mad CASH$$$

Perhaps its about enjoying your job.
Well how many instruments do you play? Piano/Keyboards are a MUST, otherwise you have to be able to throw together music in your head fairly compitently.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by Muphin

most Baroque and Classical composers were court musicians who were commissioned by royalty. Is Bach the scum of the earth all of a sudden?

btw, if you answer yes, you're a maggot infested cunt.
Quote by altronataku
most Baroque and Classical composers were court musicians who were commissioned by royalty. Is Bach the scum of the earth all of a sudden?

btw, if you answer yes, you're a maggot infested cunt.

When did I say I hated Bach?
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
When did I say I hated Bach?

I didn't say you did.

However, you criticized the threadstarter for seeing music as a job. Well guess what, music from the very beginning has been a job. Bach WORKED as a court musician. Are you going to criticize him, too?
^has a crush on Bach

if you want to be a film-scorist you'll have to prepare by getting aquanted with a lot of concepts about theory, composition, etc personally I think its boring but go for it
Quote by Siftings
^has a crush on Bach

if you want to be a film-scorist you'll have to prepare by getting aquanted with a lot of concepts about theory, composition, etc personally I think its boring but go for it

i was just giving an example that emphasizes on the fact that many respected and prestigious musicians treated music as work.

but yes, i love him also. i wouldn't date him though. one ugly mofo he was.
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Well how many instruments do you play? Piano/Keyboards are a MUST, otherwise you have to be able to throw together music in your head fairly compitently.

I am fairly proficent at guitar, and bass guitar is a bit of a given there. But a big one would be keyboards, so I would have to take a few lessons there and get a very nice keyboard. I would also need some good recording equipment, but if I choose this as a carrer, I don't think that would be a problem.