hey,
recently i've been trying to sing in addition to playing the guitar. i've been having fun with it but the only problem is my singing voice really sucks. if i keep singing, will my voice eventually get better and i'll sound better or am i stuck with a bad voice for life?
if these are the best days of our life, then we are in big trouble
Singing is pretty much how you get good at singing. Work on singing high and low to stretch your range and stuff.

Go out for your schools choir and go to all your voice lessons (if that's what your school does). Your teacher will help you sing properly, and you'll get lots of practice. After a few years you'll wonder why anyone is unable to sing because being able to do anything with your voice will come so natural to you.
i'm not really talking about singing as a skill, i'm more curious about how to improve the tone of my voice.
if these are the best days of our life, then we are in big trouble
Quote by CowboyUp
Singing is pretty much how you get good at singing. Work on singing high and low to stretch your range and stuff.

Go out for your schools choir and go to all your voice lessons (if that's what your school does). Your teacher will help you sing properly, and you'll get lots of practice. After a few years you'll wonder why anyone is unable to sing because being able to do anything with your voice will come so natural to you.

Nailed it! And that last point you made is so true. Everyone can sing with a little training.

So the only way to improve your tone and singing ability is to just sing. Thats really the only way to improve with singing in any way, is to just sing.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
It is pretty much the same thing. Singing more and more often helps you to eventually be able to make your voice sound however you want.

One of the most important things to do is to be confident and sing loud and forcefully. Even when you are singing soft, sing with energy. This will keep your voice from sounding thin and hollow. Also, work on your vocal vibrato.