Page 1 of 2
Well I was discussing with a friend the bands with the best chemistry. Of course, we weren't there (well maybe you were, but I sure as hell wasn't) when KISS wrote Rock n Roll All Night, or when Cream wrote Sunshine of Your Love, or when Avenged Sevenfold wrote Beast and the Harlot. But from the musical connections we can investigate, or however you'd like to do it, which band (past or present) do you think has/had the best chemistry?

My friend and I came to the conclusion that Pink Floyd had really awesome chemistry, and we were comparing that to The Beatles in the end. Probably plenty of bands we didn't consider as well.

So answer!
[img]http://myspace-774.vo.llnwd.net/00952/47/76/952176774_l.jpg[/img]
That's me, bitch!
the original first line up of the chili peppers
"Say hello to my little friend!"
another for Zeppelin, they had too much respect for Bonham to continue after he died.

and you need good chemistry to make 6 minute songs magically triple their length during live shows.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
well i'm willing to bet it's not megadeth

lol they changes lineups every other day... well not really but damn, they changed alot..

hmm best chem?

probably Iron Maiden, current lineup
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Quote by TUMFP
Led Zeppelin...they won't even call themselves anymore after Bonham's tragedy

Exactly. These guys were brothers.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Led Zeppelin actually preformed in the 90's years after bonhams death. They did have excellent chemistry though. Never be the same without bonham.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Well if Two guys count I'd have two say Steely Dan.

But if more are involved I'd say T.Rex & Zep
Keepa Cooli Baby at the shrine

PM HeartBreaker To Join Zeppelinism

Steey Dan Founding father

Bodhisattva wont you take me by the Hand?

Pm Caseguitar To Join the Steely Dan Club

Fender Armada #2 member Pm Arlabester to join
definately led zeppelin, listen to dazed and confused live, its amazing
zeppelin didn't perform in the 90's, it was just page and plant
Mahavishnu Orchestra

the first incarnation

ridiculously tight rhythm over every time sig you've heard of and many you haven't all while Mclaughlin rips out massive fusion solos
you are really wrong about pink floyd, they pretty much hated eachother
Jam bands have to have great chemistry, so I'm going to say King Crimson.
too bad fripp has a reputation for being a prick within KC

but they do do some massively cool sh1t

also do you guys think it's possible to have good chemistry, so to speak, while hating each other?
slayer. motley crue. avenged sevenfold.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
Rush, Mahavishnu, Bela Fleck.... Like someone said above, lots of jam bands. Qualified ones though, not just the "ok, your solo now" ones.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by TheSnow
Well I was discussing with a friend the bands with the best chemistry. Of course, we weren't there (well maybe you were, but I sure as hell wasn't) when KISS wrote Rock n Roll All Night, or when Cream wrote Sunshine of Your Love, or when Avenged Sevenfold wrote Beast and the Harlot. But from the musical connections we can investigate, or however you'd like to do it, which band (past or present) do you think has/had the best chemistry?

My friend and I came to the conclusion that Pink Floyd had really awesome chemistry, and we were comparing that to The Beatles in the end. Probably plenty of bands we didn't consider as well.

So answer!

just to let you know hendrix wrote sunshine of your love not cream.
American Fender Strat
1979 Marshall Superlead
Real Mccoy Wizard Wah
Robert Keeley Boss Tremolo
Euthymia Crucible Fuzz
Fulltone OCD+Deja Vibe
Line 6 DL4
Analogman BC108
Prescription C.O.B

Im a Single Coil man
Flea and John Frusciante have always been really tight, I wouldnt say so for the whole band. Even now, I always get the feeling that Frusciante and Kiedis don't really like each other.

RHCP definately have something special about them, 3 of 4 members survived serious drug addictions and still managed to produce good music after cleaning up.
It would be like somebody saying, "I don't want to use words to talk, I want to just go by feel, I want to rub my penis all over them. I don't want to talk" - John Frusciante's view on people who don't want to learn music theory
Quote by matt92l

no he didnt, clapton wrote sunshine of your love, it was inspired by hendrix.
van halen, 3 members of the same family [/thread]
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Dream Theater

/thread
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
wow who ever told you that Jimi wrote Sunshine was on any drug he/she could get his/her hands on. Although it was inspired by Hendrix.
Um I would say Rush's current line up and not the first one. I know that the Experience was one of the worst excluding Mitch. Floyd wasn't all that tight. I think the more people you have in a band the higher tendancy it will break up or have mass fights.
My Gear:
Rickenbacker 4003 midnight blue bass
Fender Rumble 100W
And a Cry baby Bass Wah 105Q
beatles definately, in the early years at least. Watch some interviews and you can see they're just laughing and making jokes off eachother. Zeppelin had good chemistry also.
Quote by matt92l

what in the **** gave you that ridiculous idea, im sorry; maybe youve seen it when jimi preforms it, but he damn sure didnt right it

damn guys dont just stay w/ classic rock; think blues: Double Trouble, THE ALLMAN BROTHERS BAND!!!!, or hell almost any southern rock band. how about muddy waters and all his different members? the eagles, the doors, stones, U2
sorry there are too many
Guns N' Roses

Quote by krymson
I hope that we could get some real metal out there. I guess A7X a start...
But nu metal does have its moments like Slipknot Mushroomhead and Korn.

Quote by VR2005
...Scales are basically the most useless thing in jazz...

Quote by mishra
no he didnt, clapton wrote sunshine of your love, it was inspired by hendrix.

You're also wrong, Jack Bruce wrote the riff (the first part of the song to be written) a poet named Pete Brown wrote the lyrics in the same night and Clapton wrote the chorus a little later (he wasn't there when Bruce and Brown wrote the start).

I'd say the current line-up of RHCP has the best chemistry. They're f*cking amazing.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Lol at all you people who say G n R and Oasis
Also, the Beatles were very tight and had good "chemistry" when they weren't called the Beatles. After they made it big, if they even got together outside of a studio, the whole world would blow up and try to eat them. Literally.

And for the best chemistry, I'd have to say the Grateful Dead, because they just kept truckin' in onto the 21st century, they're still touring. They were able to just jam forever.
Has to be modern Dream Theater, tightest musicians i've ever heard and they blend so well.
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
--Stephen Roberts
Led Zeppelin were definitely incredibly tight, but I'd say Rush. How can YYZ be so tight? That's impossible to pull off, I swear...
Quote by mishra
you are really wrong about pink floyd, they pretty much hated eachother

I concur. Towards the end of their career, they all hated each other.

Green Day and U2 come to mind.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Last edited by MusicalMinority at Jan 21, 2007,
Dream theatre, now that they have jordan rudess, him and petrucci are amazing together, fleet wood mac
Paco de lucia, Al Di Meola and John McLaughlin.

Well, they're not really a band, but hearing them play together and improvising is sheer joy.
I really don't listen that kind of music that much, It's mostly metal, but these guys blow my ****ing mind!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
Tragically Hip. And Rush. And B.B. King and his band. I saw them last year, they were great.
"Isn't it amazing anything's accomplished
When the little sensation gets in your way
Not one ambition whisperin' over your shoulder
Isn't it amazing you can do anything " - Gord Downie

From the song " Fireworks"
Page 1 of 2