okay, so i've got a demonstration speeh in english tomorrow. basically, i've decided to show how you find your own tone. i've got ten minutes to do it, and i've decided five minutes of it will be me talking about my tone and how i pulled inspiration from other guitarists. and at the end, i'm gonna let my class make its own tone and play through some songs on it. now, my intro's kinda weak. i was thinking of turning the eq all the way down and playing like shit, and then doing some rant on "how can i sound like all the great guitarists i've heard, like srv, john mayer, jack white, and steve vai?" (odd choice i know, but this explains it). i was then going to take clips of each guitarist playing something that really shows them off, just a few seconds for each. thing is, i slacked off and i don't know if i have time for that now. so my question is, is there a free video editing software i could use for that idea, or is there any other way you guys can think of? i was also thinking of just using the settings from the ultimate settings thread (it's in the archives, awesome thread if you wanna check it out), and just play pride and joy and such. also, which songs should i play at the end? mind you i'm primarily a blues player, but just keep it away from shred and i should be able to pull it off. thanks a ton guys.

-Jeff
I will fuc
What's the deal with this tone thing? Why not just stand up there and give a "playing guitar" intro ...
just wing it

but seriously, give a bunch of different tone examples and say what style of songs they are used for and why they sound good with the notes you play
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
I kind of doubt that a bunch of non-musicians will have the same ear for tone as you do. I wouldn't expect them to hear much difference between a flat eq, scooped mids, or boosted mids.
I honestly don't think this is a good idea. Most people won't really be able to tell much of a difference, and non-musicians probably won't care at all. You should incorporate music and guitar, but something more interesting to the general public.
Peace.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
I kind of doubt that a bunch of non-musicians will have the same ear for tone as you do. I wouldn't expect them to hear much difference between a flat eq, scooped mids, or boosted mids.

Exactly.

Threadstarter, you picked a bad topic to present in front of non-musicians. I would be interested in it if you spent more time on it, but I don't think they'll care.

It sounds like an excuse for you to bring your guitar to class and show off lol.
just to clear up the non-musicians thing, it's a class of 21 kids, 17 of them are in our school band, and one of them's the drummer in my band. another plays bass, and there's also another guitarist. hardly a non-musical class, and besides, for the very few that aren't into music, sure why not show off to 'em lol
I will fuc