My friend is getting this for a first guitar. What do you think.

Jackson Dinky
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
If he's into metal, that'll doo just fine.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
For a first guitar, hell yeah. As long as he's not looking into playing Pink Floyd or RHCP, that'l be a great starter.

I started with an Ibanez RG2 EX1.
As long as hes not getting a squier bullet, he can get a pile of molded horse shit and have a better guitar. But the dinkys are pretty good for the money.
It shouldn't matter what he's into. I can play clapton on a bich or coal chamber on an SG. There's no set genre guitar. Look at Iron Maiden, they play ****ing strats.

Yes that will be a great first guitar.
I have the Rhoads V in the same series as that, it's a great guitar, but the pickups are absolute SHIT. It should be good enough for a first guitar though.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by Schmidt1989
Maiden played strats? Thank you, sir, for ruining my day.

I second this.

@20sacksam - If it's his first electric, he won't know what's shit and what isn't. As long as he's not playing a 15W ****ing box. I had a 25W and I loved it. Then I discovered guitar amps.
Quote by Ishiga
I second this.

@20sacksam - If it's his first electric, he won't know what's shit and what isn't. As long as he's not playing a 15W ****ing box. I had a 25W and I loved it. Then I discovered guitar amps.

Yeah, thats why i was saying it'd be good enough for a beginner guitar. I love mine, just hate the pickups, haha.
Quote by Gaz_m2k5
Now when people say "Congratulations, I heard you just had a baby" you can say "Thanks! It was delicious."

/#1 reason for having a kid.

PSN: YosemiteSam13
Quote by 20sacksam
Yeah, thats why i was saying it'd be good enough for a beginner guitar. I love mine, just hate the pickups, haha.

I still can't really tell the sound difference apart from pickups. I'm still just a little newbie >_> Only been playing a year and been kinda lazy at that.
the pickups are HORRIBLE. good besides that. oh, and the metal the trem is made from is soft, and the screws on the locking nut strip easily.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Schmidt1989
Maiden played strats? Thank you, sir, for ruining my day.

i hope your not a maiden fan and didnt know that? thats all that dude has is strats.... jeezus.. but there damn nice strats haha
yea its a great first guitar, i got one sitting next to me now, the pick ups arnt all that bad. Besides it cost like £250 and has a well nice neck. The trem took a while to set up but its fine now.