I need help on improving my tone, I want to polish it off so it is the best it can be with the gear I have.

Gear: Ibanez S470, with the stock pick ups, Peavey JSX head and Marshall 1960V cab, Morley Bad Horsie Wah.

Genre: Hardcore/metal/shred (heavy palm muted drop tuned rffs, searing solos)
Budget: 400$ (American currency)

Question: Do you think replacing those stock pick ups with a D-sonic and Breed combo would make a huge difference in my tone, or would it be better to buy a couple of pedals (if so, which ones?)?
What other suggestions do you have that can improve my tone?

Thanks in advance!
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
"Pick ups are the cherry on top.".I stole that line from one of the stickied threads.

I'll suggest any dimarzios, as they seem to go great with ibanez's. If I got the D-sonic for the bridge i'd put the rail nearest the bridge, as it's apparently better for rhythm. Rail towards the neck for leads, but i find i use the neck for leads. You might also consider an Air Norton for the neck.

but if you want pedals, an Overdrive and a chorus are useful basics. Maybe a delay

I am liking your current set up btw.
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
I'd say pickups, and maybe an ISP decimator? and a delay pedal, if you play solos.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Delay and phaser are my favourite effects actually, can you suggest some good pedals?
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded