I was thinking of gettign a job this summer, so i could pay for some sweet guitar things, and then decided i want to make a 7-string shredder guitar. I ws thinking of buying an ibanez 7-string, but it would be cool to "make" my own guitar. so, do you guys know where i can get a 7-string guitar kit (ibanez jem body style/24 frets)? i'd like to get that 7-string neck thru body neck on carvin, which leaves me wondereing where i could get a 7 string ibanez body like steve vai's 777 ('cept maybe one that has rear loaded controls)

so anyway, i'm going to do a sweet swirl design with the main color a black, and somereally bright pink, green, yellow and orange swirls. i'll possibly mix in some sparkles with the balck, like steve's DNA jem...

anyway, thanks
i think you can order a jem on warmoth. and they have necks and all that good stuff
^ If you want to pay shit loads for new CNC templates, extra wood, time spent designing, time spent building.

Carvin makes a 7 string neck-thru that you can just glue your own wood to, cut the shape, route it out, and all that stuff.

So if you wanted, you could just buy a body from Warmoth, cut out a section from the middle and then glue that to the neck-thru.

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=NT7&CID=GTR/K
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Will_Minus
^ If you want to pay shit loads for new CNC templates, extra wood, time spent designing, time spent building.

Carvin makes a 7 string neck-thru that you can just glue your own wood to, cut the shape, route it out, and all that stuff.

So if you wanted, you could just buy a body from Warmoth, cut out a section from the middle and then glue that to the neck-thru.

http://www.carvin.com/products/single.php?ItemNumber=NT7&CID=GTR/K

oh excellent thats what i was thinking of doing. isounds like a lot of work, but its exactly what I want to do, so i'll figure out something. what do you guys think of the swirl idea? too complicated, or is it worth a try? i just need to be ready to use a bunch of paint...
I could just order something like this 7-string jem body with rear loaded controls

http://search.express.ebay.com/__Guitars_jem-body_W0QQ_nkwZjemQ20bodyQQtrZQQruZQQ_fxdZ1

...But I'd have to get a bolt on neck. could i just order the carvin neck and remove the extra wood, or would that be a waste? becasue in that case i coudl just find another 7-string neck elsewhere, like e-bay, but it's just not as reiable
I personally would buy the carvin neck, then remove the wood from the center of the body and place the neck where it goes inbetween.
Quote by red star
"If its good enough for gay cowboys, its god enough for you."

Quote by Dyaxe666
you guys are all idiots! SRV played a schecter C1 Blackjack thrugh a metalmaster into a Krankensteing, GOD!
all right that's probably the right way to go, plus I'll have a neck thru guitar when i'm done...

thanks man, can't wait to get my guitar done!