I just bought the RC-2 version of the Loop station today and the number of things I can do with it are blowing my mind, it's absolutely fantastic for practicing soloing, apparently it can record 16 minutes of stuff. The only negatives I've found so far are:

*If I put my Boss CE-20 Chorus Ensemble in front of it, for some reason, the recorded phrase is very quiet and hissy, I haven't tried it with any other FX yet, but it doesn't bode well.

*Unlike the RC-20XL, it doesn't have a reverse function, which would have been fun for making mad sounds, but then again, it's probably worth sacrificing that to have it in the smaller sized stompbox.

Anyway, would anyone else that's got one care to share their impressions of this very cool little toy. I'll probably be recording some clips some time in the next few weeks, I can post them up if anyone's interested so you can get an idea of the quality. Any tips or tricks would be welcome too, e.g. I have been fading the volume pot in on my guitar to get a swell effect.
i had one at one point i think it was older model, i got rid of in favor of a computer with Ableton Live and a MIDI footswitch to control the looping.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I'm going to order one as soon as Musician's Friend has them in stock, because none of the guitar stores around here have it. I'm pretty excited to get one because i can work on bass and guitar soloing.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i had one at one point i think it was older model, i got rid of in favor of a computer with Ableton Live and a MIDI footswitch to control the looping.

I've got a PC set up specifically for recording music, but tbh, by the time I've booted it up, launched the sequencer, hooked up the mikes and recorded the track I will have lost interest, plus I can't exactly stick it in my pocket if I want to take it to a jam session, and most importantly I can play it through my amp.
i use my computer live as a sequencer/synth and for looping the computers signal goes to my amp and/or to the PA when im using for looping.

Last.fm
Quote by metalicarules24
I'm going to order one as soon as Musician's Friend has them in stock, because none of the guitar stores around here have it. I'm pretty excited to get one because i can work on bass and guitar soloing.

It is very good for that, believe me, in fact that's the main reason I bought it, it's much better than just playing along to a drum machine, I will be trying it with a bit of Bass tomorrow. It's funny because it cost me £130 and I've spent more money than that on pedals that I barely even use, I should have bought one of these ages ago.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i use my computer live as a sequencer/synth and for looping the computers signal goes to my amp and/or to the PA when im using for looping.

That's cool, though I don't know if I'd want to rely on a laptop in a gigging situation, plus doing that would also feel a little bit 'cheaty' to me, it's a little bit too close to turning up to a gig and putting a CD on for my liking.
its no different from using a loop pedal (other than the expanded capabilites of the software), and as for the synths, i cant find three different keyboard players to do all the crap id need so i have my one keyboard player run the computer, (its not a laptop BtW i cant fit the kind of soundcard i need into a laptop.) ands its never crashed before and im pretty sure it wont as long as we dont do anything weird on it while performing a gig.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
its no different from using a loop pedal (other than the expanded capabilites of the software), and as for the synths, i cant find three different keyboard players to do all the crap id need so i have my one keyboard player run the computer, (its not a laptop BtW i cant fit the kind of soundcard i need into a laptop.) ands its never crashed before and im pretty sure it wont as long as we dont do anything weird on it while performing a gig.

Theoretically yes, but it just wouldn't feel right to me doing that, I would be wondering if the audience would be standing there thinking 'Well, how much of this music are they actually playing themselves?', mind you, I think The Edge from U2 uses MIDI pedals to trigger keyboard sequences etc, so I guess it's OK if he's doing it.
oh we do almost everything ourselves, the computer is just for live guitar looping and adding some background synth drones in a few places we arent like some EBM "band" with a singer a keyboard player and all of the percussion and other stuff comming from a pre-recorded ADAT tape.

Last.fm
good to hear I saw the RC-20 at one my local shops and it was like $399CDN and I want a loop pedal but cheaper and I am looking into this pedal, congrats on the buy
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?