I just recently bought a starter package for a great deal, and from what I understand, certain guitars need a few adjustments and just can't be played out of the box.

My problem is that the strings won't stay in tune long at all. I know thats a common problem among cheaper guitars, but one string won't stay in tune long enough for me to tune the other strings (it's that bad.) Besides tuning issues, the guitar sounds and looks great.

What kind of repair / adjustment do I need made to this guitar? And how much will this likely cost?

Thanks for advice.
Well generally the trussrod is something that needs to be adjusted, and that's best left to someone who knows what they're doing, and most of the time, the shop you got it from will do it for you (your guitar should have come with an allen key).

As for the strings going out of tune, that's one of the sacrifices of a lower-grade guitar, and the fact that it's probably a floating tremelo (compatible with a whammy bar). You'll probably want the springs tightened in the back too, but I'm not really 100 percent sure what the issues are because I can't see it or try it out. Also the strings may not be set/stretched out well enough.
i had the same problem with my new guitar, it would only stay in tune for like 5 minutes. But after like a week, it got better, and now it's pretty much normal. So my advice is, give it some time....but if the problem persists, then idk wat to there lol
[img]http://img159.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guitarsigcopyqo0.jpg[/img]
Quote by g0tstr1ngs?
i had the same problem with my new guitar, it would only stay in tune for like 5 minutes. But after like a week, it got better, and now it's pretty much normal. So my advice is, give it some time....but if the problem persists, then idk wat to there lol

^ That was just your strings getting set properly.
ಥ_ಥ
i agree that those are just one of the sacrifices of buying a cheap guitar however, the problem can be reduced, try to check if the machine heads are loose or maybe out of shape, see if the tremolo is ok.., and check if u installed the strings properly., where did u get the guitar anyway? if it came from a guitar shop, try to go to them and get help for them besides it is their product and u are the customer right?...
Make sure your strings are stretched in properly
Been away, am back