I know this is kindof a dumb question but i want to know and if your going to leave a sarcastic remark please dont post, does anyone tune down to, C F A# D# G C??if so who???
Fiddle with knobs on your guitar until the tuner reads the notes you want.

But seriously... every note is tuned down from standard two whole steps.
yeah, alot of bands do, and alot for just some songs...

Saosin
And Then I Turned Seven (just on some songs)

to name a few

I can't think of alot off the top of my head.. but yeah.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
Dream Theater only use C standard on As I Am, Honor Thy Father, and In the Name of God on Train of Thought.

I use C standard occasionally, anyway.
Queens Of the Stone Age. Nearly of all of Songs For the Deaf and R are in C standard
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
i have a question connected with this thread

which strings are useful for a c (or b) tuning? maybe a string-set for a 7-string?

(i hope my english is understandable enough)
Quote by Schwen
i have a question connected with this thread

which strings are useful for a c (or b) tuning? maybe a string-set for a 7-string?

(i hope my english is understandable enough)
A seven string is lower than C, so I don't suggest that. If your strings become too loose when you tune down, I suggest .11s (I suggest them in general but whatever) or .12s if you can find them without a wound G-string.
Im using 13's and they work great. Blue steels baby. Also there are some new strings out called the shotgun set and the low strings are are 60 gauge while the high strings go up to 10 so thats great. but they dont sell them anywhere that i shop so i still play dean markley blue steels. also the shotgun set are called Dean markley evil twin shotgun set. Nick cantanese from BLS uses them. plus with the 13's you can tune to D standard or Drop C tuning. try it.