I'm gonna buy a new small practice amp and I'm considering between the Epiphone Valve Junior and the Vox Valvetronix 15W. I really can't decide between the two. The Vox probably will be better because its bigger and much more versatile. On the other hand, I'm looking for amazing tone, which the Valve Junior will probably do better with. Also, I own a Boss Blues Driver, so I think that would work better with the Valve Junior.

get the VJ.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Have you tried them both out?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Oh yeah, and also, another question I have is that to get one of these amps, I'm gonna try to get some store credit by trading in my shitty Fender FM 25 DSP. Does anyone know how much i could get for it? It's in brand new condition, but I don't have the box or anything anymore.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Have you tried them both out?

I've tried the Valvetronix, haven't gotten a chance to try out the Valve Junior though
if you get the valve jr your gonna need a cab
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
You will get better "tone" out of the Junior, but not so much better that you'll notice unless you play the two in the store right after each other. The Vox has a very very good sound to it, and exceds that of the Junior in some types of music. You'll probably have more fun with the Valvetronix, and it will do a good job of helping to ease your pedal addiction (if you have one, like I did; I was saved by my AD15VT).

All in all, I'd lean towards the Vox. I love mine, and have found it versatile, durable, and amazingly pleasent to the ears.
are you willing not to get one of those..
If so, I'd recommend a Roland microcube, or a cube 15x or the regular cube 15
Quote by Twist of fate
So it doesnt feel like scraping your penis on sidewalk

my gear
Ibanez GRX40 guitar
Roland Cube 60 Amp
Ibanez IBZ10G Amp

Member of
[bThe UG Asian Invasion!
Pm night_lights to join the hallowed Asian ranks (Over 2000members)
Quote by dream{M}theater
Oh yeah, and also, another question I have is that to get one of these amps, I'm gonna try to get some store credit by trading in my shitty Fender FM 25 DSP. Does anyone know how much i could get for it? It's in brand new condition, but I don't have the box or anything anymore.

the local store where i live gives 80% of the original cost if its in good condition.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Quote by guitarpunk21
are you willing not to get one of those..
If so, I'd recommend a Roland microcube, or a cube 15x or the regular cube 15

those are all great amps, but they are geared more towards metal, and judging by his choices and his blues driver, id say that hes wanting a blues tone.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Quote by 2112swartz
those are all great amps, but they are geared more towards metal, and judging by his choices and his blues driver, id say that hes wanting a blues tone.

I play alot of everything. Not much metal, but i do play alot of Satriani, Vai, and those other guys, and they all use high-distortion metal-type tones. Can the VJ do that?
Quote by taylorfrey66
save your money get a line 6 its not that much more

I think if you want those higher gain tones youre definately gonna need an OD Pedal, and even still getting those tones may be hard.
Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio
Ibanez SA120
Peavey Raptor EXP
Takamine Electric Acoustic
Boss CS-3
Boss DD-6
Boss TU-2
Boss MT-2 (For use with my Vox)
MXR M-108 10-Band Eq
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Peavey JSX Head
Vox AD50VT
You're definitely gonna wanna try the Valve Junior before you buy it. Don't just buy it based on the hype on the forums.

I bought it (about 6 months ago) based on the good reputation it had and disliked it from the get-go. Didn't like its sound at all, and still don't like it, based on clips I've heard.

Don't get me wrong, alot of people can appreciate its sound and really like it for what it is, but I for one - and I know I'm not the only one - dislike it greatly.

Definitely try it before you buy it.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700