Page 1 of 2
okay so my mom just told me that we're moving off to toronto this summer.
Right now i live in Jackson, MS so naturally i have no idea what it's like up there

i'd just like to know from you, the trusty members of UG, what it's gonna be like

-jb
Welcome to the land of semi-intlligent politicinas.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Go to the CN tower. There is a strip club at the top.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Toronto is pretty sick, good music scene and fairly decent people aswell (depending on where you live and what you're into.)

It also depends if you're living IN Toronto or AROUND Toronto lol

But if its IN Toronto then yeah, be prepared for music, emos, gays, LOTS of diversity, fairly good restuarants.....uh....what else?....I dunno...either way Toronto pwns

EDIT: Now that I think about it Toronto is pretty much like every other big city, it has lots of everything. It all depends on what you're looking for you know? Good tourist attractions and such though. Oh and listen to 102.1 The Edge, it pwns (most of the time) lol

Hope it helps a bit

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
it's pretty decent (i live about 20 minutes outside of toronto in brampton)
it's just you're average larger city,
lots of small things to do, very multi cultural

it has pretty much most of the things you'll need in a new home
Way too many Asians and blacks, not that Im racist *cough* stupid Asians.. *cough*but there are a whole lot of them.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Pretty nice city, most areas are fairly clean. Avoid Scarborough and some of the crappy downtown areas such as Jane and Finch, and you'll find a city with tons and tons of immigrants and lots of stuff to do.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
I live there. Basically, its the average city. Great for music though. I try to catch as many indie related things as possible. Oh and its cold in the winter. the snow and cold just started like 2 days ago though. which is unusual. lots of guitar stores.
Minister of Zeppelinism, PM TheHeartBreaker to join
#6 member of the oasis fan club
Cardinal of The 1st Church of Frusciantism
'89 fender american strat
Vox ad15vt
Peavey raptor plus EXP(bridge: alnico 2 pro)
yamaha f-310p
Quote by Siftings
screw toronto, who's been to Weston, Florida!

Fuck Florida, the land of Haitian criminals, old people, and Christian fanatics.
If you're not Asian, I'll pay for the plane tickets.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Yeah, Toronto's got a pretty good music scene, and the graff scene ain't bad either, even though I hate on it....
Quote by AzureNight
Pretty nice city, most areas are fairly clean. Avoid Scarborough and some of the crappy downtown areas such as Jane and Finch, and you'll find a city with tons and tons of immigrants and lots of stuff to do.

jane and finch is not even close to downtown little boy. its north york.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by moup
Be sure to visit Steve's Music Store! It's where I bought my first guitar :O:O

**** Steves, I hate that place, too cramped
Quote by evilchuck
**** Steves, I hate that place, too cramped

the acoustic section of steves is THE SHIT. the blonde haired employee in the acoustic section is a really cool guy.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
Quote by moup
Be sure to visit Steve's Music Store! It's where I bought my first guitar :O:O

yo L&M owns, steves is ok, but L&M OWNS
Quote by The Iron Man
jane and finch is not even close to downtown little boy. its north york.

Who cares about technicalities. The point is he should avoid areas like it.
Quote by AzureNight
Fuck Florida, the land of Haitian criminals, old people, and Christian fanatics.

not southern florida, we're awesome. And there are no criminals in this subrban enclave of preteen druggies and hot soccer moms
Quote by The Iron Man
the acoustic section of steves is THE SHIT. the blonde haired employee in the acoustic section is a really cool guy.

Meh, have you seen the acoustic section at Long and Mcquade??? That is truly the shit, a whole floor for just acoustics, not just some little room
Quote by evilchuck
Meh, have you seen the acoustic section at Long and Mcquade??? That is truly the shit, a whole floor for just acoustics, not just some little room

Which one, Scarborough?
No, in Toronto...

On Bloor
Last edited by evilchuck at Jan 15, 2007,
Quote by AzureNight
Who cares about technicalities. The point is he should avoid areas like it.

lol I remember I had to take grade 12 math in summer school to graduate highschool so I went to school at keele and downsview which is practically the same type of neighbourhood at jane and finch. Lol the school had under cover cops roaming the halls, i think they had like 9 murders in like 4 years in that school. I saw a bullet hole in one of my classroom door windows. I got to become friends with this guy whos a local and hes done the craziest things.
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
the one on ossington, that place is the best, bought my strat there and plannin on buyin a white epi les paul they got now for like $170 which is an amazing price
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
Quote by evilchuck
No, in Toronto...

On Bloor

Oh right, that's a pretty sweet store but I've only been there once. I've gotten all of my guitars from the Scarborough one, but that's because it's closer to me.
Quote by Siftings
Canada sucks. Florida > canadia, land of mountys, nerds, and moose

at least the moose beats your guys' eagle, and the mounties arent all ppl on horses
I don't ask for much
Truth be told I'll settle for
A life less frightening, a life less frightening
Damn, I've never bin to the Scarborough one, last time I made it into the Borough was last summer, and I just ended up getting drunk at my buddies dads house

Edit: Anyone make it to the Million Marijuana March last year, it was pretty sick...
I usually spend my time in the L and M at steeles an keele. Pretty good place. this is how i would rate the most famous places from experience

-capsule music(very small but great vibe in the place)
-song bird music(pretty awesome. But the employees kind of watch you when your playing expensive guitars where as L and M couldnt give a shit)
-L and M at keele and steeles(great for rentals and stuff)
-steves(eh. they hesitate to let you try anything and watch you like a hawk. in the electric section.)
Vox ad15vt
yamaha f-310p
lol wow that turned into a music store debate fast

Point is, no matter which music store you choose, Toronto has an abundance of good music stores. lol

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being..."

~ C.G. Jung
Torontos a good city. Stay away from Church and Jarvis street at night (well, during the day too) unless you want to meet some really messed up people - just like any major city it has its quirks. Very diverse, and a kickin' music scene. That's really all I have to say about it. I love Toronto
Yeah tornonto is rad. It is kind of like any other big city but i get a vibe when im there. Theres something different about it. but totally check out CN tower.
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
Quote by Dylan-19
listen to 102.1 The Edge, it pwns (most of the time) lol

lame, Q 107
Q 107 is ****in lame too, I hate playlists, check out 89.5, I think its the University of Toronto radio, every Saturday at 10-12 they have drum n bass, it can be really good, but sometimes it sucks...
Quote by AzureNight

I work in the jane and finch ....its not as bad as you hear
Page 1 of 2