Well, its not an assignment for music, but we need to choose a book to report on for English in High School. Ive already read Fight Club and a bunch of others but I want a book about music, not some history about music, but a story Based around music, where music is a central theme. Maybe something with Hollywood, LA, Blues, Rock theme? Thanks
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Yeah but there has to be atleast One good one...........>Right??.....
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Quote by Dr. Gonzo Slash
Yeah but there has to be atleast One good one...........>Right??.....

Nope.

Just think about it: hollywood, sex drugs rock n roll, rockstar

Do these words really scream classy and insightful? Of course not. Whoever writes those stories will make them stupid, shallow, and boring because that's the majority of the demographics.
Quote by altronataku

Just think about it: hollywood, sex drugs rock n roll, rockstar

Do these words really scream classy and insightful? Of course not.

HAHAHA
Quote by Draken
Quote by OneHappyCamper

I dont know...those "Van on the Comeback Road" stories are shaping up quite nicely...It would be a joyful day indeed if they were made into a book...
Quote by SilentDeftone
Of course it's real, just like everything else you see on TV.

Quote by HorridxHopes
By far the most mathematical post ever on UG.

I am quite the mathmatician...not..

Me playing guitar...or is it?!?!?!
Woodstock??? Nope thats historical. Scar Tissue??? Nope thats a biography. Sorry i cant think of any.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Do you mean a fictional book???? If not, I would recommend Living With The Dead by Rock Scully, its a sick book by the Grateful Deads former manager
If you're open to a book that deals with classical music, you might look for Bel Canto. Something to do with a hostage situation where one of the hostages is an opera singer. I don't remember the author, but I know there was a thread or two about it on the Off Topic Forum on the New Forum for Classical Singers a while back (www.nfcs.net) that should turn up if you do a search. If you're into sci fi/fantasy, you might try Sharon Shinn's Archangel books. Basic premise is the angels on this world were created through genetic modification to communicate with the god through singing, and it's been long enogh since the world in question was colonized that all the science has been forgotten.
Quote by gtr-dude'n'a1/2
I dont know...those "Van on the Comeback Road" stories are shaping up quite nicely...It would be a joyful day indeed if they were made into a book...

+1

What a brilliant series.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Crossroads? It's a film, but meh.

Quote by Smokey Amp
+1

What a brilliant series.

You make it sound like a tv documentary.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by SavageNights
Crossroads? It's a film, but meh.

You make it sound like a tv documentary.

Huh? Well, he writes it in a series of chapters. It'll eventually become a book, I hope.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by Smokey Amp
Huh? Well, he writes it in a series of chapters. It'll eventually become a book, I hope.

I suppose. I posted that on two hours of sleep. And, yes, I enjoy reading it too.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3