flyingVai
164 IQ
I was wondering if he would be considered a fusion shredder or just a shredder? What do you all think?
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
Why is it important to categorise?
Edit : Yeah, and he was NOT JUST a "shredder"
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Last edited by pavan at Jan 16, 2007,
TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
Quote by flyingVai
Would Shawn Lane be considered Fusion?

Hmm...well, I know that the combining of atoms would be considered fusion...
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
I think so, yes. Amongst other things. Mind you, not a fusion "shredder", just fusion... Amongst other things, again.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Freepower
v It's Back! :D
3,277 IQ
^ well, he's certainly done "fusion" but also straight up 80s rock and bebopish stuff and that poppish nonsense on POT - so i suppose you could call him fusion, but simply put, he isn't fusion. Some of what he played was.

I mean, if i play some Meshuggah, does that make me metal?
paddyo
?
340 IQ
Quote by Freepower
^ well, he's certainly done "fusion" but also straight up 80s rock and bebopish stuff and that poppish nonsense on POT - so i suppose you could call him fusion, but simply put, he isn't fusion. Some of what he played was.

Bah...wha....you....thats just not....FUUUUCKKK!! NOOO!!!
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
paddyo
?
340 IQ
It was more the Poppish part that you associated it with that I was offended by haha..S'all good in the neighbourhood.
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
pavan
stunt guitar
210 IQ
Quote by Freepower

WTF????

I do agree with the rest of what you said though, Shawn Lane cannot be categorized. He's done some fusion, some straightforward rock, some straightforward jazz (bootlegs) even, some classical, some Indian, some this, some that, he incorporated a lot of styles in his playing.

edit : Just read the previous posts, so I forgive you, and I will eat an ice cream in your honour
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
Last edited by pavan at Jan 16, 2007,
Night_Lights
I've been here too long
863 IQ
Quote by Freepower

"I am a slayer, and you will taste my steel!" Yngwie!

only the greatest song ever.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
bucky_2300
Onward!
1,344 IQ
The way he says "I am a Viking" with the utmost seriousness makes me crack up every time.
no
bluespunkmetal
A very BIG member
1,800 IQ
What if Yngwie played Fusion ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!