So i was thinking of putting a guitar together with some parts from a local shop.
Hopefully it'll be better than the guitars i have now.

Mighty Mite Ash strat body with a quilted maple top

maple/maple mighty mite neck

turtoise shell pickguard wired with lace holy grails.

and all gold hardware.

this is my first time even doing anything remotely like this but it seems straightforward.
What can i expect for sound quality?
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

In terms of woods that thing is fantastic. The body even looks like it's one solid piece (except for the top, which is seperate of course). I can image the way it should look complete and that thing is going to be beautiful.

As for the Holy Grails I've read mixed reviews on them. Some people love em' others hate them. I have no experence with them, though all my experence with Lace pickups so far has been pretty good (I have Reds & A "Powered by" humbucker in a guitar of mine and I've played a strat plus equipted with golds).
yeah i played an american strat with lace sensors at guitar center and it kicked ass.
these are there higher quality pickups and the sound clips i heard blew me away.

Edit: sound clips

Hendrix CMOS/neck

Hendrix Little Wing

funk rhythm/bridge

I know a litle/neck-bridge

got it from this sitehttp://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Strat_Pickup_Sound_Clips_W1.cfm . it has a lot of clips for about 11 pickups in most positions.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Jan 16, 2007,
^^Sounds badass to me

and from what i hear Swamp ash is a very sought after tonewood, plus its super light.

check it out here for more info, on a full range of different woods.

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/options/options_bodywoods.cfm

but i say go for it, nothing rocks more then a natural finished guitar
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
^Boomer Sooner.
Were you born in oklahoma or something cause most people in San Antonio probably aren't OU Fans.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

yeah, i lived there my whole life untill i joined the air force. then they sent me to Texas. im from mustang/yukon area... and i am definatly a boomer sooner! where you at?
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
Mighty Mite stuff is low end, and the neck will have shoddy fretwork and will need levelling. You'd be better off ebaying used Warmoth/Stewmac/Allparts stuff, as that kind of stuff has low resale value, thus you'll be able to get a good price, and is far superior in quality.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
looks cool. and the neck is easily replaceable if you don't like it. body is kick ass. keep it natural finish, it will kill 'em all.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Ervinr82: yeah i live in NW OKC. It sucks that no one else from UG even lives near me.

xifr: wood the neck fit easily or would i have to sand it down. ive heard stuff about the holes on mighty mite being only lined up for their necks.

i haven't bought it yet so i could still get a different neck.
These are just pics of the stuff from the shop. I know they still have the body because ive seen it personally but I dont know about the neck. Ill probably check warmoth out.

Also i cant go get it for a couple days because the shop isn't open due to the icestorm.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

^yeah ill do that. btw awesome site man. i wish i had enough money because this neck would end up being about $300-400 but imagine it on there.

Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

^no they have like a billion options and you can get the neck basically custom. this is just a picture to show what some of the wood looks like.
i would put a skunk stripe on too.

Edit: never mind you gave me the site. but yeah that thing is a beauty.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Ya, I know there's a skunk stripe option, hahaha.

I'm not a big fan of maple necks...My ideal custom neck...probably gonna be a Mahogany wood...Cocobolo fretboard....or maybe a Walnut neck, and ebony fretboard.

Anyway, if you ever get up the money, I think that site is great, cause they offer that heavy rolling feature...Which sounds awesomely comfortable, to me.
Musikraft has very nice quality and is a good alternative to Warmoth. I was lucky to get 5 of their necks from a guitar shop that closed last summer. I have 3 with the compound radius board, 9.5" to 12", perfect for bends! Also, the jumbo frets are nice. The bodies they sell are also true to the original body shapes, for those who care ... and the PU routing whether "squared" or rounded are period correct.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You're gettin it from a shop, right? See if they'll let you try the neck out (As soon as the storm blows over..).
That'll tell you whther or not it's worth buyin.

EDIT: Also a good neck place: http://musikraft.3dcartstores.com/

Uhhh... how does he try out the neck if it's not on a guitar...

If you want to buy it, go for it, but you'll probably need to end up doing so fretwork.
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
^Good idea. Ill test it out because id much rather get to test out a neck at a shop instead of just ordering one of the net. But if they're crap ill probably go with warmoth.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Quote by RHCPKicksA$$
^yeah ill do that. btw awesome site man. i wish i had enough money because this neck would end up being about $300-400 but imagine it on there.

That's a weird neck. People usually want to make necks that look like the real thing, but that one is way off, on several aspects.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Whaddya mean? It's just highly flamed maple for the neck, 60's headstock, glued fretboard (As opposed to skunk stripe, one piece neck construction.)...

The truss rod hole is too big, the end of the fretboard is straight (Telecaster style) instead of rounded (IMO the most noticeable thing), and the dots on the 12th fret are way too close to each other, and the neck is flamed, but not the fretboard.

Also, the truss rod is head-adjusted, but I guess that's normal on newer guitars, just like the 22nd fret.

That obviously doesn't mean it's a bad neck though.

And that body is VERY nice.
Last edited by mr_hankey at Jan 17, 2007,
That's because the fretboard wood was glued on, like i said, and isn't the same piece of wood as the neck. They used quartersawn maple...as you can tell from its grain. Much more stable than just standard rock maple that might be plainsawn.
The fretboard is straight at the end because it's an 22-fret extension, rather than one piece 22 fret neck.
Finally, the close 12th fret inlays are how they were done before 1964.
And it's VERY common to have the truss rod adjustment hole at the top. Don't see it as a problem, more like a convenience. You can have them make it at the bottom for a more vintage feel.

So perhaps you should do a little more research before you say it's "way off".
Quote by mr_hankey
The truss rod hole is too big, the end of the fretboard is straight (Telecaster style) instead of rounded (IMO the most noticeable thing), and the dots on the 12th fret are way too close to each other, and the neck is flamed, but not the fretboard.

Also, the truss rod is head-adjusted, but I guess that's normal on newer guitars, just like the 22nd fret.

That obviously doesn't mean it's a bad neck though.

And that body is VERY nice.

I was talking about the wood not that neck specifically. i meant a regular strat neck, CBS large headstock, 22 frets, a skunk stripe, and that wood.

but anyways i went to the shop today and took a look at the body and nearly pissed myself. I didnt think it was possible but it looks even better than the pictures. And it is one piece except for the top of course. I think someone was asking about that earlier. I also went through their stock of mighty mite necks and found the best one (though it still may require some work on the frets). And looked at various hardware.

Also the pickups are now going to be Fender CS 50's. They seem to have much more attack to them for a better way of saying it. They came highly recommended from the luthier there aswell.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Quote by forsaknazrael
That's because the fretboard wood was glued on, like i said, and isn't the same piece of wood as the neck. They used quartersawn maple...as you can tell from its grain. Much more stable than just standard rock maple that might be plainsawn.
The fretboard is straight at the end because it's an 22-fret extension, rather than one piece 22 fret neck.
Finally, the close 12th fret inlays are how they were done before 1964.
And it's VERY common to have the truss rod adjustment hole at the top. Don't see it as a problem, more like a convenience. You can have them make it at the bottom for a more vintage feel.

So perhaps you should do a little more research before you say it's "way off".

Chill. This is not a battle of who knows more about a guitar.

No matter what they say, I like the neck. The curly maple on the back is nice.
Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Member #9 of the Samnung Has Crabs Club , PM Powerhouse to join

Custom Build
The grain on the back is amazing, but the quiltedness looks like vomit.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
The grain on the back is amazing, but the quiltedness looks like vomit.

explain? i think its beautiful.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP

Quote by RHCPKicksA$$
explain? i think its beautiful.

it's sort of cheap quilt- it's not AAAAA, more like A or AA, so it's quilts aren't as straight, more all over the place. look at a PRS:

the quilts are more orderly.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!