Any tips on strumming quietly? Right now I"m doing so by using a lighter grip on the pick, but once I start strumming, the pick starts sliding away and gets misaligned. Is it right to hold the pick lightly when strumming softly or is there another technique I'm not aware of.
It's just kind of a feel that you devolp I guess. It's pretty hard to describe a technique like that in words. Just try to relax your wrist and let it flow over the strings as if you were sweeping them. Remember, you can still grip the pick. Harder grip doesn't mean harder playing.
Try using a lighter gauge pick, or a nylon pick.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
um,if you learn to just cup your hand and strum,thats pretty quiet,or just use your thumb,its eaisier to just use your hand.
Strumming quietly would mean controlling the pressure you put on the strings. I agree with lyrixgirl that it would be better if you just use your hand and fingers. But if you can control the the pressure you put on with the pick, then why not...
learn to control, not just strum and strum or pluck and pluck, relax and remember that you control your hand not that the hand is controlling you...

practice is also a good way to do it..
My gear:

Ibanez RGR320EX
BOSS DS1 MODDED
BEHRINGER DD100
CHORUS
EQ

LINE 6 SPIDER III 75 WATTS