Me and my band r playing at a wedding in the summer.Any tips on entertaining the crowd.R lead guitarist is fat lol so he can really do all that much to entertain the crowd.And also would we really hav to entertain a crowd at a wedding?Tips?
At all the weddings I have been to there has only been a DJ. The only time they talk is basicly to announce a song or something or getting everyone excited to do the damn chicken dance.*shudders*

To answer your question.

Maby you can entertain a little but you should probobly play a lot more.
Bass is my life.
Play love gun, sweet child of mine, and let me put my love into you OR you shook me all night long.
Liberation is the snake! Worms no longer moan.
Never drink alcohol/drugs before a gig. Especially not Red Bull or something...you'll be hyped up enough already.
Well, alcohol isn't going to hype you up, what with it being a depressant and all

Just play stereotypical wedding songs, powerballads etc. Thats what people generally want to hear at Weddings
Guitars
MIM Fender Telecaster
Art & Lutherie Cedar
1969 EKO Ranchero
G&L Tribute L2500

Amps
Traynor YCV40WR
Yorkville BM400H
Peavey TVX 4x10

Effects
Behringer DSP1000
Dunlop GCB95 Wah
Digitech HotRod
BBE Sonic Stomp
dont get nerves
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
play some thin lizzy kinda stuff.
not sad songs u know?
its a wedding man
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by yEsTeRdAy`
Never drink alcohol/drugs before a gig. Especially not Red Bull or something...you'll be hyped up enough already.

I drink redbull all the time before gigs. Although it really doesn't affect me that much. I drank 12 on new years last year (05/06) and then went right to sleep.

To the ThreadStarter:

Learn alot of covers. And when I say alot, I mean ALOT. If you are going to be playing a wedding, you are going to need to know how to play a variety of songs and styles. A ballad here, a danceable song there. But expect to have requests thrown at you. And if you get one you don't know don't just be like "Er don't know that one." Ask them what else they would want to hear, if you know any play them. I suggest that you learn some lighter music as well, seeing as (if you are the only act there) you'll be required to fill the time people aren't dancing with music poeple can talk over easily.

Remember, at a wedding party YOU are the GUESTS. You are not the spotlight. The Bride and Groom are. This is their day not yours, don't try to steal the spotlight. Also be polite, refrain from vulgarity as much as possible, weddings are usually all ages events, so don't forget the kids.
Quote by Apok
Well, alcohol isn't going to hype you up, what with it being a depressant and all

Just play stereotypical wedding songs, powerballads etc. Thats what people generally want to hear at Weddings

Depressants + Stage = Being tired

Bottom line is, don't do drugs before a gig.
Quote by yEsTeRdAy`
Depressants + Stage = Being tired

Bottom line is, don't do drugs before a gig.

What? Have you ever gigged? Seriously.
Rule Number 1 for entertaining your crown/fans.

get them involved.
www.myspace.com/boisebass <- slap demo
MSN = Fox_NP

GIGRIG
Mesa Titan V12, Ampeg 8x10E, Korg DTR2000, Sennheiser freePORT Wireless.

BASSES
'74 RickenMonster, Fernandes Retrospect Deluxe, ABG.
You could always throw up fake(or real, whatever you perfer) blood on the audience.

A crowd favorite.
Bass is my life.