Me and my friend were planning on going in a couple years

Discuss
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
yeah while Im waitin for another one
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Yeah, I was there the last two times and it was AWESOME. This year will be superior, though. Blind Guardian, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Sodom, Moonsorrow, Schandmaul, Haggard, Saxon, Cannibal Corpse, blah blah blah... ^^
But... Bullet for my Valentine is going to suck, and I guess that people will start throwing eggs or something on stage \m/

edit: oh, here's the billing: http://www.wacken.com/de/woa2006/main-bands/billing-2007/
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Cos they will stick out like no-ones business at Wacken, it's all about non-commercial bands :P. I should be going, it's just a case of whether the tickets for the coach package sell out by February 5th...(earliest I can get my ticket).

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOOME!
Quote by hadesdaman
Cos they will stick out like no-ones business at Wacken, it's all about non-commercial bands :P. I should be going, it's just a case of whether the tickets for the coach package sell out by February 5th...(earliest I can get my ticket).

IT'S GONNA BE AWESOOME!

Which is why Nightwish are always hailed there

You're right, of course.

And yeah, Wacken is t3h shit. It's almost better than sex.
Holy Hell dude I just checked it out and like Children of Bodom,Dimmu Borgir,Cannibal Corpse! Damn Man Im goin one year......wait IS There a Age Limit cause all I know is that the Jagermeister flows like water haha
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Quote by etniesmuzikskat
Holy Hell dude I just checked it out and like Children of Bodom,Dimmu Borgir,Cannibal Corpse! Damn Man Im goin one year......wait IS There a Age Limit cause all I know is that the Jagermeister flows like water haha

Not that I know of, though drinking age in Europe is 16 so it's probably pretty safe XD.

Children of Bodom btw? Didn't hear they were on the bill.....
Quote by hadesdaman
Not that I know of, though drinking age in Europe is 16 so it's probably pretty safe XD.

WRONG

Drinking age of soft stuff (like beer and wine) is 16 in Germany, not Europe.
The hard stuff is for 18+.
In Spain, for instance, any drinking is above 18 (legally, anyway). So to drink Jaegermeister, you still have to be 18, though.
Children of Bodom were last year. My mates were in the 1st row. I was like in the 8th because I wanted to see Korpiklaani before.
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
Quote by CoreysMonster
WRONG

Drinking age of soft stuff (like beer and wine) is 16 in Germany, not Europe.
The hard stuff is for 18+.
In Spain, for instance, any drinking is above 18 (legally, anyway). So to drink Jaegermeister, you still have to be 18, though.

Ah, knew it was something like that thankoo!
Maybe. A friend of mine went there last year, I went to Rock am Ring to see Tool.
Cost me bout 200 Euros to get there :/
So since there are probably no rad bands coming this year, I might as well mosh myself to death and get pissed drunk and stoned
Quote by hadesdaman

yeah it said COB were on check on wikipedia
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Hold on man how much is 79 euro I think thats what the package costs no including flight

correct me if im wrong
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

but it sucks cuz I wont be 16 til August 26

But I was lookin forward to COB,CC,And Dimmu
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Oh, in that case, they won't let you on festival grounds without either your parents, a legal guardian, or an adult that has a handwritten, signed permission slip with tel# and address of your parents, and that was as Rock am Ring. I'm pretty sure Wacken is a little heavier. Try to get your Dad to come, then your good. If he allows it, you can drink as well.
Ill Try and Email em and see what the regulations are
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

yes it twould,I'm still waitin for a new Dimmu album
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Believe me, there is nothing funner than driving all night long on a train, having to sleep on the toilet for lack of space in compartment, getting to the festival, getting beer, setting up the tent, drinking beer, listen to the bands you came to see,
a) drink more beer, get pissed, wake up the next morning to the sound of heavy metal with a hangover and drink some more.
b) repeat a) several times (fell unconcious more than once at rock am ring
c) spend the night at the train station to get back to school before exams start
d) drink all night and almost miss the train
e) go to school half drunk with a massive hangover and ace the exams

ahh.... good times.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Believe me, there is nothing funner than driving all night long on a train, having to sleep on the toilet for lack of space in compartment, getting to the festival, getting beer, setting up the tent, drinking beer, listen to the bands you came to see,
a) drink more beer, get pissed, wake up the next morning to the sound of heavy metal with a hangover and drink some more.
b) repeat a) several times (fell unconcious more than once at rock am ring
c) spend the night at the train station to get back to school before exams start
d) drink all night and almost miss the train
e) go to school half drunk with a massive hangover and ace the exams

ahh.... good times.

Haha That is the best thing ever,You got hammered and aced exams?
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Well, there was a good 14 hours of sleep between getting drunk and exams, and yeah I got a 1.8 average. (1=A 2=B etc)
gettin smashed and takin exams the best combo haha
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Man, that would be the greatest effin' concert.
I wish I lived anywhere near there

Edit: I would kill to see CC again, and to see The Black Dahlia Murder.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
I and some friends are going, mainly to see RAGE.
The less faster you pedal, the more slower you go.
I really wanna go but the fact that it's in Germany sucks. Nothing against Germany, just that it's in another country and theres always the chance of kidnap in airports and shit...Nah but seriously, I really wanna see Children of Bodom again, they're ****ing awesome live. And I've wanted to go to Wacken for a while, is is t3h sex.
I'm pretty sure the Legal drinking age in Italy is 14...I'm going next month skiing and my friends who went last year said its 14, only problem is that it's through the school so we're not allowed...Hah, bitches can't stop me
Edit: And yeah, drinking during exam/prelim time isn't as bad as you may think, I'm doing pretty well and I've been getting wrecked at the weekends, only 2 more to go.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by cobain_is_king at Jan 16, 2007,
Flew all the way there, within a weeks notice from New Zealand. haha its the most craziest things Ive done.
I Wanna Go When I Get Older
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

Quote by bullykai
Wacken Open Air?

Oh, it's nothing.

It's just the best possible metal festival ever, having bands ranging from Opeth to Arch Enemy to Nevermore to Emperor and Mayhem.

Nothing huge, really.

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20