im currently in the market for a new guitar i dont wanna spend over a grand aussie. i want it to have a fixed bridge because i change tunnings all the time. i play in a metal band but i also play blusey stuff to so it would have to be very versitile guitar. ive got a few models im going to go have a play at but i was just wonderin what you guys think i should get so any opinions coments or what ever would be greatly apreaciated
thanx
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

MY BANDS MY SPACE
http://www.myspace.com/bloodoverexodus
maybe an Epi Les Paul Classic or custom or standard. Good guitars, and all under a grand
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
Ibanez sz's are good value for money, neck-thru, Seymour Duncan pickups, but they have a tune-o-matic style bridge, for a standard one without flame maple there around $500 Aus. Otherwise check schecter out, there extremely good value aswell, you could get a very descent one for under $1000, good Australian site is www.bmusic.com.

good luck.
Schecters are great, probably a blackjack is your best bet, and sorry im not sure the amount in australian but they're about $550 USD
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive