Hey,
On the weekend or possibly Monday, a friend of mine and I are going to go to the shop to buy some pedals. this will be aour first pedals and our musical style is quite broad. I think he's into classical and stuff and im into more indie rock, but weve only been playing for around a year so our styles are pretty malleable.

Basicly thinking 2 or maybe 3 pedals that will give a versatyle sound. Almost definitely going behringer simply because of the price ($40AUD).

Ashton also have some pedals for the same price but previous experience has lead me away from ashton. Im thinking maybe an overdrive and a chorus but I really dont know atm.

All suggestions welcome, just dont recomend Boss or anything coz thats really out of the picture. Thanks in advance
Sped

PS. Not sure if this important, but Im playing a epi les paul 100 through a crate gt15 and hes got a guitar in a strat shape, not sure of the brand, and dunno which amp except its 20watts
Last edited by speddy at Jan 16, 2007,
I'm going to say this: If you don't know what you want, don't buy it. Wait until you have a better idea of what you want (by then you may be able to afford something like Boss anyway).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Fab makes a line of peddles for about 18 bucks a pop. their chorus peddle is great. they have distorition, metal, flang, chorus and echo.
xifr: you make a good point and i understand where your coming from, im just in the mood for variety...

cnbg: is it posible to buy those pedals in Australia?
behringer pedals are terrible they literally kill tone like I kill little baby bunnies
My Rig:
1970's Twin Reverb
1972 Gibson SG
1970's Raven SG copy (extreme modifications)
EH Double Muff
Dunlop Hendrix wah
and of course... a disco ball
Quote by chaseNbadguys
Fab makes a line of peddles for about 18 bucks a pop. their chorus peddle is great. they have distorition, metal, flang, chorus and echo.

Danelectro Fab pedals.
Quote by speddy
xifr: you make a good point and i understand where your coming from, im just in the mood for variety...

cnbg: is it posible to buy those pedals in Australia?

Well then go for some kind of distortion pedal. Honestly, don't bother with anything like phaser or chorus. Just do some research on some kind of distortion (as a hint, Behringer pedals are clones of Boss pedals mainly and some other brands, and you can easily work out which pedals they copy, which should help choosing).
"A wise man once said, never discuss philosophy or politics in a disco environment." - Frank Zappa
Quote by Jinskee
Don't question the X.
<Frenchy> I'm such a failure
Quote by fcolbert
behringer pedals are terrible they literally kill tone like I kill little baby bunnies

I have th eEQ ands its actually pretty good compared to the other Behringer pedals
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.