Anyone here read catcher in the rye? i gotta read that by tuesday and im a bit behind.
I dont know...

Lets talk about the weather!

Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Wait, I had an idea other than killing and skull fucking? What's up with me today...
idk where uve been all the cool people say "ween"
I dont know...

Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Wait, I had an idea other than killing and skull fucking? What's up with me today...
One of my favourite books.

What do you want to know about it?
Quote by Kartman

Way to go, guitar_man_guy!

(You should sig me)

Co-Founder of the 'Heretics And/Or Killers'(Protest the Hero Fan Club) P.M Me or T0xicitY to join!
idk like symbols r what im being tested on.. and from friends i know of a red hat, ducks, a pimp, and a carousel... am i being lied to? lol
I dont know...

Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Quote by sl1solo762
idk like symbols r what im being tested on.. and from friends i know of a red hat, ducks, a pimp, and a carousel... am i being lied to? lol

nope. it's all that's in there. if you had read it :

1) you would have read a great book.

2) you wouldn't be screwed for your test.

this should point you in the right direction. do it
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Last edited by AngelGC at Jan 16, 2007,
It's an interesting book.
And fyi-
Mark David Chapman used that book as his 'reason and motivation' for murdering
John Lennon 26 years ago.

:]
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music.
Put this in your signature if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
I thought you got your dik stuck in a zipper when I read your thread title.
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
this book can easily be read in a single sitting. if it takes you more than 4 hours you probably really really suck at reading.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
I read it years ago and have since forgotten all of the details, but I rather enjoyed it.
Member of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last.fm
If you don't read that book I will kill you.

Seriously, you will just **** yourself over and miss a good chance to read an amazing book. Easily my favorite book I've ever read, and I read a SHIT TON.

You wont regret it, and once you start and get into it, it's very easy to finish and very hard to put down. I read it about 3 times before the rest of the class read it once through, so that should tell you it's not a difficult read.

But if you want to skip it and be a tool, just know that Holden does not want to give up childhood. Or really, he has, but he doesn't want to live in the real world and take on responsibility. He loves the innocence and simplicity of childhood and would do anything to not have other kid's childhoods destroyed or perverted(the "**** you" written on the wall at school and museum).

Just read it, it's great.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
The book is not that long. I read in 2 hours straight. Just find someplace quiet and read it.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
I find something else every time I read it, it's a brilliant book. Just read it, it's not going to kill you.
Here's a hint: look at the way he reacts to all the different characters. Each of them has a different way of looking at life and dealing with problems; it's a coming of age story, and Holden is learning that everybody reacts differently...try comparing Mr. Spencer to, say, the Pimp, and you'll get a good idea.

Never understood the hunting cap, though...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
Not sure how to explain the hunting cap, but I do remember him always saying "I liked that old cap. I didn't care what anybody thought of me anyway" or something to that effect, yet he never wore the cap in large crowds or in places where he might see somebody that knew him. Once he even said "I didn't want to look like a weirdo" or something when taking it off. He's very contradictory and hypocritical throughout the entire book.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Hmmm...makes sense, I guess. An artifact of his childhood? He wears it because he thinks it's cool/fun, but it's a 'childish' thing, so he doesn't want to wear it when he's out in public, trying to be an adult...

and btw...Chruch of Gilmour? You've got the right idea man...
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.