am going to get a vox ad50vt, although its obviously a modelling amp I'd still like more effects options, not sure whether to go for a boss me-50 or seperates.

Playing everything from muse to blues on a strat and an LP through a marshall 75 reverb combo at the mo, Im probably a low end intermediate player at best and only needed for home use and personal enjoyment but still want the holy grail of accurate quality tones

whatdya think
Here's what you need:

1 tube amp
1 electric guitar
1 cable

If you want to add effects, that's cool. But, how many effects do you really need? That seems like some major overkill. Do you even know how to use those effects, er... effectively?
go for separate stompboxes and a power supply, better sound than digital. Whammy pedals are always fun.
Well the thing is that modeling amps aren't to fond of pedals. It would be smarter of yoou to lay all that money on a tube amp. Well you could get a Laney VC30 or VC15 and then buy a separete fuzz pedal and overdrive pedal.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by ZootCst
Here's what you need:

1 tube amp
1 electric guitar
1 cable

If you want to add effects, that's cool. But, how many effects do you really need? That seems like some major overkill. Do you even know how to use those effects, er... effectively?

er... yes, I'm not 15

obviously should upgrade my low end intermediate rank to high

Quote by Gabel
Well the thing is that modeling amps aren't to fond of pedals. It would be smarter of yoou to lay all that money on a tube amp. Well you could get a Laney VC30 or VC15 and then buy a separete fuzz pedal and overdrive pedal.

mmm your right just double checked, the ad50vt def isn't fond of pedals as there's no effects loop jack to plug them in (only on the 100vt) so your obviously stuck with the on board effects only.
The vox is a good price at the moment and can lay my hands on a cheap me-50, couldn't get a decent tube for that I don't reckon. Thought the me-50 would be a good addition to my marshall (rather than buying seperates) which is old and bit limited but just luv it. Any thoughts ?

ta
Last edited by scruffydoo at Jan 16, 2007,
^Well true, but then its better not to have to many effects actully.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009