I am finding that I like playing electric guitar over bass as of late, and tend to play more on the guitar than bass. I am thinking I may switch over and make guitar my primary instrument. Which makes me a bit sad considering I have at least a pretty good bass and a not so great guitar... I think what really made me start to lean towards guitar as well as playing bass makes my wrist hurt more than playing guitar... Infact I can't really say i feel pain when I play guitar as much as my hand and wrist getting tired from lack of endurance.

Though I guess I feel like I am a sell out as I set out to play the bass because a good majority of people at least here choose to play it because it was the cool instrument. But I find that I really enjoy playing the guitar since I got it. Which was originally for me to just play around with.

So now I guess comes the one big thing is well I have good bass equipment, and I will probably need an upgrade on my guitar and amp later on... Right now I only have a roland 15 wat amp, and a Yamaha Pacifica 012 guitar. I was thinking perhaps of buying a better guitar later on in the $500's area... Schecter though I really like that brand. Any suggestions on what type of amp would be good and a Schecter as well. For the amp would be looking at something that would get me through a gig for later on down the road. I am also not really planning on trading in my bass equipment ether as probably would not even get half of what I payed for any of that stuff..

anyways.. thoughts and suggestions anyone?
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Dude play both, it's not hard I can do it. I started as a bassist and I will die as a bassist. I may play my guitar more than my bass but when I pick up the bass I feel more comfortable.
I play both bass and guitar professionally. Screw that primary instrument thing... Learn what you want to learn and play whatever pays the best.
well

What mucic do you like playing?

if your a rock guy... perhaps the transition from bass to guitar will be a nice change from playing 16th's.

But whatever you feel, i started out as a bass player... but guitar was my instrument... I still LOVE to play bass, and am a regular abuser of the slap technique

Love your mother be good to your dad
Well I don't intend to put away bass, and yeah im a rock player I do enjoy playing bass Actually. It does feel more familiar to me than guitar and I am not that bad with a bass, it's just I can't continually play the damned thing because my fretting hand apparently does not take a liking to it. I just find guitar is more fun for me probably because yeah bit more things to learn for me playing rock, and also i can play it longer with out as much discomfort
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
As far as guitars go, Schecters are great. Try out the C1 Series and also take a look at a Gryphon if you have a guitar center near you (they are special runs for GC). As for an amp, if your amp is a Roland Cube, your good to go for practice, but depending on what your price range is, you might be able to get a decent tube amp. I would recommend the Peavey Valveking 112 for rock stuff, but that could change if I knew your price range.
Oh that is not that bad perhaps I will go check out that schecter when I get a chance next time. The amp is not to bad probably what I paid for my other amp, would have prefered something lesser, but I doubt I will find anything that would be good for any cheaper lol some good advice. on these I will have to take a look at them.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
If the main reason for switching is that your hands hurt,and if you enjoy playing bass,i think a wise thing to do is to work on developing your fretting hand,my fellow bass player had this problem,a few working out sessions and gripmaster exercises and the problem was diminished!
not my primary reason but it was the one thing that made me decided it. I don't intend on giving up bass, I just think that my role as a guitarist will increase more. Truth is I get more enjoyment from the guitar than the bass, it allows me to I guess as weird as this may sound express my self in a wider range then I could with bass... However I do like to play bass and I still do I just don't do it as often.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
dude, keep playing bass as your primary weapon but u can always use the guitar to write songs and riffs or wateva, my bassist dosent play his bass much, he writes all his songs on his acoustic, and plays that mainly in his spare time.