how hard is it?
ive only had 1 year of experiance, but i can play pretty much anything, if i try.

is One by Metallica hard at all?
Gibson Zoot Suit in Rainbow
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000

Where are the ladies, man?
after only a year id say you wouldn't be able to play the whole song cos the solos get pretty intense.

you'd be able to do the intro and shit

but yea
maybe some more experience would be good

but hey give it a shot just keep practicing and maybe
*Spec. Edition Lite Ash Fender Telecaster
*Peavey 6506
*Marshall 1960A Vintage
*Maton EA80C
*Original Jim Dunlop Cry baby
Most of 'One' should be alright to play after about a year to 18 months. The main problem most people will have with it is the speed and the amount of parts. One of the easier more technical Metallica songs (if that makes sense).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
If you know how to tap then u mite be able to do the solo. Luckily the other guitarist in my band can play it (he played for about a year and a half) i am learning rhythem so i cant judge other parts
an amount of time in years or months playing really isn't much of an indication of whether you'd be able to play it or not. a person playing power chords in a oldschool punk band for 10 years isnt going to play no metallica solos.

instead of asking other people who have little to know idea of your ability, how bout just looking at the tab and working through it.
Quote by langers73
an amount of time in years or months playing really isn't much of an indication of whether you'd be able to play it or not. a person playing power chords in a oldschool punk band for 10 years isnt going to play no metallica solos.

instead of asking other people who have little to know idea of your ability, how bout just looking at the tab and working through it.

+1